so... laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
I am looking at some laptops for my sister.

typical teenage girl, school use, im, browsing, music, movies.

I know any laptop should do, but since I am the one shopping for it, I want to make sure its practical also ;P

currently looking at:

Acer Aspire Timeline AS4810TZ-4474 14-Inch Aluminum Laptop - Over 8 Hours of Battery Life
pro:
long battery life, thin and light
con:
older processor, no web cam

Inspiron 15 Laptop Details | Dell
pro:
newer core i3 330m processor, price
con:
bulky, shorter battery life

ASUS K42F-A1 14'' Laptop, Intel Core i3-350M 2.26GHz, 4GB, 320GB HDD, 802.11n, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (Black)
pro:
i3 350m processor, Asus 2YR Global/1YR Accidental Damage/30-Day Zero Bright Dot/2-way FREE shipping
con:
price, bulky

leaning towards Acer right now, but the Asus zero dead pixel guarantee is very tempting

No first hand experience, but I'd say pretty significant

4 threads > 2 threads
2.13Ghz > 1.3Ghz

I find myself leaning towards the Asus K42F, only because I've been burned too many times by slower laptops. You get them, then a few months later you suddenly need/want to run something with a *slightly* higher system requirement than you were planning on....it ain't happening lol

Whatever you do, I'd highly recommend upgrading the hdd to a 7200rpm model. Worth it.

If she's the typical teenage girl, she'll DEFINITELY need a laptop with a webcam...
:wink: ;p
j/k though
I would not get that Acer personally.
I'd get her the cheapest i3 laptop I could find probably with at least a 2 year warranty.

Ended up with the Acer Timeline

now the goods

good sized screen
2n7mxop.jpg

light and thin
a2rfp5.jpg

good sized keyboard
6pru5z.jpg

she seems to be very happy with it, and from what i've seen, battery life is fantastic
even though it is clocked at like 1.3Ghz, surfing the web didn't feel slow at all
sorry no benchmarks fellas, I only got to use it for like 5 mins, then she put a password on it
but for everyday tasks, i think it will suffice

hmm, you need to work on your photo skills aye. the middle photo is very blurry, you've accidentally focused on the laptop :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom