Whats a good way tom keep my system dust free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
After about 4 months now, my xclio case is starting to suck up dust and I don't want that thing to over heat while I'm not there.
Could I use a small vacuume to suck up the dust and dirt when the pc is fully off for about 30 minutes ?
I know I'm supposed you a air can blower, but the thing doesn't do a good job plus it blows dust into the other parts where I don't need it to be, especially the cpu and heatsink fan with the capacitors nearby it.

I believe vacuums have the possibility of creating static. Just turn your computer off, take it to an open area, and then blow all of the dust out that way; an air compressor works wonders as well ;).

You can get dust filters too (or Bounce dryer sheets...if you're too cheap to go and buy filters; same thing pretty much), but they inhibit airflow.

Caution Caution Caution Caution...
Following advice is very controversial and risky
Only follow at your own risk!

Take your pc to an open area with an elevated surface (preferably no carpeting). Set the tower on static guard wrapping. Plug in the pc power turn your psu switch off. Now use canned air in conjunction with a vacuum. Try to keep the vacuum away from the pc as much as possible (use the hose). Use the canned are to kick up the loose dust and talentedly suck it up with the vacuum. [Caution There is a Risk of static charge, plz follow with extreme precautions]. The really stuck on dirt (fans and such), use a cotton cloth to delicately remove the dirt. Cotton swabs can also be used to get into corners (make sure no threads off the cotton swab gets stuck on any parts). Any other grim is probably heat set on over time, and unfortunately is there to stay unless you want to risk serious issues. One last fyi, use a shop-vac, it uses a 3prong plug, decreases the risk of static buildup.

I MUST WARN AGAIN THIS CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS!!! It can be done, but do at your own risk and knowing this can cause damage. I personally have done this several times... yet every time i am holding my breath everything is alright. It should only be done in extreme build up situation (e.i. ex-roommate smoked like a chimney, and i had to remove 2years worth of nicotine and smoke residue off the parts).

Caution Caution Caution Caution...
Following advice is very controversial and risky
Only follow at your own risk!

Take your pc to an open area with an elevated surface (preferably no carpeting). Set the tower on static guard wrapping. Plug in the pc power turn your psu switch off. Now use canned air in conjunction with a vacuum. Try to keep the vacuum away from the pc as much as possible (use the hose). Use the canned are to kick up the loose dust and talentedly suck it up with the vacuum. [Caution There is a Risk of static charge, plz follow with extreme precautions]. The really stuck on dirt (fans and such), use a cotton cloth to delicately remove the dirt. Cotton swabs can also be used to get into corners (make sure no threads off the cotton swab gets stuck on any parts). Any other grim is probably heat set on over time, and unfortunately is there to stay unless you want to risk serious issues. One last fyi, use a shop-vac, it uses a 3prong plug, decreases the risk of static buildup.

I MUST WARN AGAIN THIS CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS!!! It can be done, but do at your own risk and knowing this can cause damage. I personally have done this several times... yet every time i am holding my breath everything is alright. It should only be done in extreme build up situation (e.i. ex-roommate smoked like a chimney, and i had to remove 2years worth of nicotine and smoke residue off the parts).

Look here dude, I'm not going to be using the vacuum inside of my case, I am going to take the sidepanel off and vacuum off the big side fan, and I wll take it my mobo ad take the vacuuum and suck on the big 200MM front fan.
I'll take a cloth and wpe inside, I've clean computers before even with a mini handsize vacuums and my old sysems came back on without damage or fuss.

DOn't worry about me ok, if any mod see's this please shut this down to prevent any unwelcome or unfriendly comments.
I can see this thread turning bad real quick and I won't be the guy who started what.... >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom