CPU is at 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man trust me I build Frankenstein machines cause i am poor and i have a lot of old parts laying about. If anyone on this forum is about cutting corners or trying
crazy time and effort to get something to work that should just be trashed, its me. But if you blew compositors on your mobo, you do not know anywhere near the extent of damage that was caused when they blew. If you get this problem solved there will be more, and the more you try to make it work the more it is gonna damage the rest of your hardware. You need to just give up on it buy a new Mobo "AND" CPU before something bad happens like your graphics card popping or HDD, or even worse your rig catch fire literally. Trust a CPU Fire is not something you want to deal with and the heat and smoke damage from it will destroy the rest of your hardware. There is a lot of places you can scrimp and save and many computers can be restored if you really want to try, but a damaged mobo is nothing to even take a chance on.

I was afraid of that, I'm just stubborn I guess. I guess it is time to check out my choices for a new mobo, maybe I can upgrade? I'll have to do some research. Thanks for your help everyone =)

To start off try looking at a Athlon II X3 435 tricore or Athlon II X4 quadcore, you see my mobo in my signature ?
Thats a basic mobo I got new from ebay.com for about 46.50, newegg had the samething last christmas but at a higher shiping price.
I recommend you look into MSI, BIOSTAR ,and Gigabyte's mobo's righ about now, newegg.com is starting a spring sale soon, so keep your eyes open for any good bargains
Again I'm sorry about your last setup, but atleast your house will be intact and unburned since nothing can't blow up if you have it off.... :)

I'm not sure, but personally i stick by the rule if one took damage both took damage. I never us an old mobo or processor unless i know one of them is really new and i buy the other new. but if i know there was physical damage i just trash it. like i said there is no way to know the extent of the damages. Again though this is just my opinion.

Check the Resource monitor and see if it is "System Interrupts" that is causing the spikes. I have a very similar issue right now, and it sounds just like mine, and that's what's causing it.

If it is the System Interrupts try the following each by them selves :

Disable LAN (Either through Device Manager or BIOS)

Disable USB 2.0 support in BIOS

Remove any external card in the PCI slots or Disable them through the Device Manager

If the problem stops, what did you just disable?

If it was the LAN, update chipset and LAN drivers.

If it was the USB 2.0 support download the latest USB support drivers, and update the chipset drivers.

If it was removing a PCI card, update the drivers for that particular card, and update the chipset drivers.

It it still continues to spike, and it is system interrupts, it's most likely a board failure (makes sense, since the board already failed.)

I have had this issue with the MCP61PM-HM (Nettle3) and it was when power went out and off for a while seems you had same thing when the caps went bad. Might get a new battery for the motherboard a CR2032 I believe.

What I did to fix my 100% CPU usage was to RESET the BIOS in the bios to defaults. This happened 2 times with my system.

I posted a fix that I had to do 2 times. I really hope it shows up for this person. Reset the bios defaults inside the bios. Try this before doing anything else. look at replacing the battery on the motherboard

I knew I didn't have a motherboard failure because my dual boot Ubuntu (linux) worked perfect. Just anything WINDOWS seemed to be DEADLY slow 100% CPU all the time. You could prove your motherboard works by making a CD with ubuntu http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download putting it on a CD and boot off that. I expect it to run fine this will confirm like it did for me that no failure on motherboard and also eliminate any possible windows corruptions.

I posted a fix that I had to do 2 times. I really hope it shows up for this person. Reset the bios defaults inside the bios. Try this before doing anything else. look at replacing the battery on the motherboard

I knew I didn't have a motherboard failure because my dual boot Ubuntu (linux) worked perfect. Just anything WINDOWS seemed to be DEADLY slow 100% CPU all the time. You could prove your motherboard works by making a CD with ubuntu Download | Ubuntu putting it on a CD and boot off that. I expect it to run fine this will confirm like it did for me that no failure on motherboard and also eliminate any possible windows corruptions.

Topper727
Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

OMG IT WORKED!!! =D TY soooo much I was a couple days away from selling my ram and i almost threw it away hahahaha, thank you soooo much!!! =D

dang someone beat me to the punch! was just about to suggest running a *nix distro! it's a great way to troubleshoot... ok, if you can get ahold of ANY vista disk, reinstall vista using the old key, it will/should work just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom