Problem with sudden freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookie [J-Server]

Beta member
Hello

I have been having problems with my computer freezing completly, I.E, it is freezing with no responses from any part of the system but the screen remains showing the last thing that was on screen (almost like a screenshot, but quite clearly not). There is no response from any part of the system, I can narrow down the problem somewhat due to the fact that I know it is not: CPU, Power, Overheating (discounted as much as i can), most regular use software (Internet connection, antivirus), graphics cards, motherboard.

The problem does not always happen and when running games which use a low amount of CPU, Graphics and RAM, therefore I suspect the problem might be RAM but I am unsure if it is or if it is something I have as yet not thought of. This problem has been ongoing since late-November, so it has been happening for quite a while.

please do not ask hesistate to ask if there is any other information you need.

First off Welcome to Tech-Forums...

My first thought when reading your post is bad ram. I am currently waiting on a new stick myself cause the bad stick i have causes my pc to freeze all functions for about 3sec before releasing again. This is the 3rd time i have had this happen on a pc, and every time is resorts back to same issue, a bad ram stick. Try using MemTest86+ to see if you have bad ram. I would say you only have one stick that is bad. If that is so you can also try just taking out the ram and putting it back in one at a time and see if it has a problem, the bad stick solo should not run right at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom