strange laptop burning problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hargun

Beta member
hi everyone, this is my first post so not sure if i am posting in the right place.
my problem is i have a packard bell laptop and i have always used convertxtodvd to burn to dvd never had a problem until now,it goes through the whole converting and burning process pops out the dvd and says operation complete and shows no errors in the log but when i go to play dvd there is nothing on it or at least it shows nothing because when i put back in the same dvd to try again it tells me to insert an emty disc, i have always used the same make of dvd-r , i also checked to see if my dvd drive needed updating seemingly i have the most recent and also i can play discs on my laptop so that part at least works so i am baffled.
so if anyone can help it would be most appreciated thanks

How old is the laptop? Sounds like the laser in the DVD-RW drive is failing. You are going to need to replace the drive or purchase an external DVD Drive.

How old is the laptop? Sounds like the laser in the DVD-RW drive is failing. You are going to need to replace the drive or purchase an external DVD Drive.

the laptop is exactly 2 years old, and as i said the problem just happened over night friday it was burning fine saturday it wasnt

Really, any would do. I got a slim one a few years ago. I don't remember the model or price, but it was a slim one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom