$600 build, opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, updated again. did a little more research and the antec three hundred seemed like a very solid choice so I am going with that, only $10 more than my previous choice. also I will pick up the triple core processor.

more opinions are appreciated. planning on ordering monday or tuesday...will probably order that GPU beforehand because the deal expires and im pretty sure its the best card for the money?

i included an aftermarket heatsink because the x3 720 i included is oem, which means it just comes with the cpu and that's it, not even a stock heatsink. so if you were gonna get a new heatsink, it might as well have been a good one, and the core contact is great for the price.

If you wait and buy one of those, I recommend going with the Phenom II X4 955 as the Phenom II X4 965 and 955 are the same CPU, and they don't really have an overclocking difference.
You're best off getting the 955 and overclocking it, saving yourself $20-30, it will give you the same performance as an overclocked 965.

Also, if you wait a couple weeks before you buy... The Phenom II X6's will be out by then, and their performance looks very promising.

And the heatsink/fan always come with "Retail" CPUs, but if they're OEM CPU's, they won't have a heatsink/fan with them.

Also, go with this 955 as it's the C3 stepping edition.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...cm_re=phenom_ii_x4_955-_-19-103-808-_-Product

If you decide to wait a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom