Windows 2003 NIC driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

rope

Beta member
Hi all,

I have problems regarding my RealTek 8139 NIC and setting it up in Win2k3 Enterprise. I had regular Windows 2000 running on that machine and everything worked OK. Now I installed Win2k3 and network card was recognized but networking doesn't work. In fact, when I do a ping to any machine I see that packets do run (sent and received counts increase) but I get 'request time out' message.
Network configuration is checked, I also tryed changing from DHCP configuration to fixed IP.
I suppose this is a NIC driver problem, does anyone have any ideas?

There is probably a compatibility list somewhere on the microsoft website--but I doubt that it's a NIC thing, just a setup thing. 10/100 cards are usually standard wherever they come from.
I had this problem with an Xp machine on our NT4 network--it took about three tries before it 'saw' the domain...do you have to specify a domain for the workstation to log onto?

muradtalukdar said:
I had this problem with an Xp machine on our NT4 network--it took about three tries before it 'saw' the domain...do you have to specify a domain for the workstation to log onto?

Yes, that's it... I tried some muggling around domains but that didn't work and the machine could'nt get to the network...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom