Suggestions on a Netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzo385

In Runtime
I am wanting to get a nice Netbook under $500. I think I want Windows 7 and I would really like to go with a SSD. Most of the ones I have found come with only 1 gig of ram so I will probably buy another stick right from the start. Oh and I would like to stick with Intel.

It will be used for basic things like web, email, video and very light gaming if any at all.

Newegg.com - ASUS Eee PC T91MT-PU17-BK Black Intel Atom Z520(1.33GHz) 8.9" WSVGA 1GB Memory 32GB SSD NetBook - Netbooks
Do not know that I like the touch screen for a netbook. Not sure though, the reviews seem mixed.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220595
Like this one I think.. but its not windows 7. For the price I would probably deal with it though.

Thoughts?
Thanks.

Thanks hikaricloud, I did not see the sub-forum. Took me a while to find where you moved it though.

Mind: I like that one, really like the price. Might be one I got with if I can not find one with a SSD that I really like.

I have not seen a netbook model that ships with an SSD. They're still pretty darn expensive, and the whole point of a netbook is to keep the price low. The focus now seems to be on improved processor and graphics performance. Most are shipping with Windows 7, but it's Starter Edition which is limited in its features. Upgrading to Home Premium will cost another $80 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom