Project i7 930

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't you test the CPU and make sure it works before lapping? If it turns out something is wrong with it, good luck RMAing a lapped cpu, lol. Although, i do concede that it's quite rare a CPU arrives faulty.

Warranties are for Sissies. Every cpu I've ever lapped has benefited with lower temps so I'm just skipping the formality.

I took quite a few pictures until my memory card said it was full and I didn't have my usb cable and it takes to long deleting old pictures thru the camera. But I got enough to make a little cpu lapping guide this weekend. :D

Here's the Final Product.
lapped.jpg

I got home and fired up the PC and Disabled Turbo Mode leaving all my other settings as is. I then installed the i7 930 and started it up again. This resulted in it posting at 4GHz (200x20) on the 1st try and it passed a quick almost 20 minute run of LinX :D

4ghzlinx.jpg

I immediately raised the multiplier to it's default setting of 21 and tried that. It posted into Windows no problem but fail LinX within a minute. I bumped up the VCore a little and it made it thru 7 minutes before failing. I have to eat Dinner and Lost is on tonight so I'm just going to let it burn-in at 4.2GHz overnite an start again tomorrow.

42ghzfail.jpg

I'm confident that it will pass at 4.2GHz tomorrow, hopefully with a little less VCore :D

Meh, not really that great if you ask me. Plenty of D0's can achieve 4.2ghz on the same or less volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom