Aggravated Plz help 24 inch GLOSSY screen monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidJC

Baseband Member
I cannot find them online, I mean...I know they are there. But online it NEVER says what kind of screen it has. They go in to detail about the "connectivity" the "ergonomic design" and on and on and on.....but leave out whether the monitor has a GLOSSY or MATTE screen.

I really wanted to choke some professional reviewers today. Anyways does anyone know of a good 24 inch Glossy screen monitor for around 300 bucks? It seems manufacturers have stepped it down to 23 inc displays for some reason. I have a 22 inch now an d it's hardly worth the upgrade to a 23 inch monitor.

I am giving away my old monitor and buying a new one. The person I am giving it to really needs it, so I need to buy a new one. I like my glossy screen, I cannot stand matte screens.

I understand your pain with the manufacture specs not giving you all the details.

But is the difference between glossy and matte really that big of a deal? The only time I notice is when you see stuff reflecting on a glossy screen, then you know its glossy, or when the monitor is off.

I have a new matte 23" samsung monitor and a glossy samsung LCD TV and the only difference I see is that the TV reflects things and the monitor dosnt. Other wise they both seem clear, neither one is better, accept the matte monitor dosnt reflect things and distract your vision. Sure a glossy screen looks better when its OFF, but do you really sit there and stare at it when its off? Id go for less glare and reflections personally.

I don't want matte screens, they are not as nice looking. I am notl looking for matte because I don't want to spend my money buying a screen I dislike.

Most of the time they are a matte screen , unless noted otherwise......the glossy screens do look quite nice to me, as we own both, but I prefer glossy, even though it is harder to keep clean.

I'm not sure if the Samsung is glossy or if it's just the cabinet that's glossy.
I found a list of 24" Glossy monitors.
Acer G24
HP W2408h
Gateway fhd2400

Though one member posted in a thread a while back claiming the Samsung 2433BW was glossy and he that he owned one.
Not sure if it's valid or not.

Also if money is no object and you'll be a mini displayport adapter...
http://www.google.com/product_url?q...I8k8pjzGh7mwNAAAAAAAAAAA&gl=us&hl=en&sa=title

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1790908 said:
I'm not sure if the Samsung is glossy or if it's just the cabinet that's glossy.
I found a list of 24" Glossy monitors.
Acer G24
HP W2408h
Gateway fhd2400

Though one member posted in a thread a while back claiming the Samsung 2433BW was glossy and he that he owned one.
Not sure if it's valid or not.

Also if money is no object and you'll be a mini displayport adapter...
LED Cinema Display (24") from audioMIDI.com

The problem is those monitors are discontinued. The Gateway I cannot find and that HP is EXACTLY the monitor I want. They downgraded the newer model to a 23 inch display.

This is the monitor I have now Samsung 2232GW Monitor Review - PCWorld

I hate to lose quality really, it's a shame. I can find glossy screens 23 inch. But then seems silly to buy a new monitor with only 1 inch difference in size.

The samsung 2433BW is nice, has glossy frame to the screen. Its not the glass like coverings that Ive seen on some monitors that cover the entire surface though. Although I've just seen that its seems to have been discontinued in the UK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom