New mobo time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

S0ULphIRE

Golden Master
I'm getting tired of my current board, time for something new!

I'll most likely be buying from MSY, so not a huge list to choose from, in fact it narrows down to pretty much these three

P6X58D Premium
Rampage II Gene
GB EX58-UD5

Those are the choices. I'm looking for the best overclocker, and USB3 would definitely be nice. Right now I'm thinking I'll go with the P6X58D

If there's like a stellar board out there that's not on the list then feel free to recommend that instead :)

Not sure if it would be the best overclocker, but i definitely like the P6X58D Premium.

I already know the options for video cards and cpus :) fear not they ARE on the list.
Only thing I'm not too sure about is the mobo. I mean I know which ones are good etc, but I don't want to buy a UD7 and then find out I should've gone with a P6X58D or vice versa.

Why do you want a new board? Just cause you're getting tired of your old one?

I would use that money towards a 980X...

As I said above, I've got the cpu and gpu covered lol. I'll be getting the i7 980X and it's a tossup between two GTX 480's or two 5970s for the GPUs (most likely depending on the availability here)

So. I need a mobo recommendation

Actually I just realised that the 980 probably knocks a few more mobos off the board. 32nm support is needed.

I would go with the P6X58D Premium.

While the 980X sounds cool, 6 cores and all, the price just isn't worth it. I have yet to find anything my 920 can't dominate. Or are you trying to steal my Kingdom :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom