help--need advice --- i7-930 + radeon 5970 + ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith bob

Baseband Member
ok-- its me again---
great advice from everybody so far and i have been looking at suggestions and comparing prices and parts and so far this is what i have

i7-930 -------$ 200
Micro Center - Core i7-930 Processor Boxed

mobo-asus p6x58d -------$ 310
Micro Center - P6X58D PREMIUM

v card--radeon 5970 ----- $700--- (wo hoo!)

heatsink -- megahalems rev b intel cpu cooler ---- $ 75
Micro Center - Megahalems Rev. B Intel CPU Cooler

case-- coolermaster- haf932 ---- $ 140
Micro Center - HAF932 High Air Flow Full Tower

--and i havnt looked over the power supply stuff in here yet but i am looking for something that would work if i ever wanted to add another v card

will the case hold a 5970? --i am not stuck on the coolermaster so also looking for any insight on a case if there is a better alternative
is all this stuff compatable?
and any other suggestions---like power supply or ssd

if anybody wants to help me "fill in the cracks" on this build i would apprecitate it--
i already have monitor- keyboard - mouse- win7

thanks guys --- you have all been a HUGE help and i am super excited to get started on this rig (hopefully by the end of the week)

--- do i want modular?
the coolermaster is supposed to be a full tower - will the cables get in the way or no big deal?

-- also- what do i need for fans?
are certain fans better than others? are the ones in the case enough? do i need an extra one to blow on the heatsink?

Modular makes it easier for cable management; you can unplug wires you're not using. No other advantage..

What do you mean will the cables get in the way?

The heatsink you have you'll need a fan for it as it doesn't come with one.

The case already comes with a few fans, so try it out and if you need more airflow then you can buy more fans. You'll still need to buy a fan for the heatsink though...

Hey that does look pretty good. In the power supply guide they have the older brother, the Kingwin (ABT-1220MA1S) in the "Ultra Enthusiast gaming, over clocking or server machines" section; but it doesnt' mention this particular model. I presume it's also good. I found a review for it but couldn't draw any conclusions from it..
Power Supply Roundup: Eight 1000W for the Extreme Users - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

here's the PSU guide.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/read-first-updated-power-supply-guide-221778/

edit:
These guys say it's good.
http://www.virtual-hideout.net/reviews/Kingwin_ABT-1000MA1S_Power_Supply/index3.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom