Graphics Performance List

Ok another question. Assuming everything else is good (CPU, RAM etc.), how well would the 5750 be able to run GTA IV? Would it run at max or near max settings?

Ok another question. Assuming everything else is good (CPU, RAM etc.), how well would the 5750 be able to run GTA IV? Would it run at max or near max settings?

Well, assuming you are going for the 5750 as a budget card, I would highly reccomend you save a little bit more and try and get a 5770, the Vapor-x edition if you can :)

If you can't, then you can see some videos of the 5750 running GTAIV here. Oh and here.

In comparison here is a video of the 5770 vapor-x edition running GTAIV.

Hope this has helped!

Well, assuming you are going for the 5750 as a budget card, I would highly reccomend you save a little bit more and try and get a 5770, the Vapor-x edition if you can :)

If you can't, then you can see some videos of the 5750 running GTAIV here. Oh and here.

In comparison here is a video of the 5770 vapor-x edition running GTAIV.

Hope this has helped!

You're referring to this one?
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102868&Tpk=5770 vapor-x

I've been reading the reviews and apparently there's a BIOS problem with though.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16814102868

Also
Right now I'm running a GT 120 at 400 W. How much would I need to upgrade my PSU by to run the 5770? Would a 585W do the trick?
Newegg.ca - hec HP585D 585W ATX12V Power Supply - No Power Cord - Power Supplies

Oh god, long time since i've been in this part of the forum.. reminds me of how everyone swears on expensive power supplies. When i buy a <£20 no name PSU that fails, i'll let you know. So far, it's working out great (and cheep) for me :p

random q:

I'm guessing the general assumption is that the GTX470 is overpriced and to power hungry and people should just get the 5850 ?

Oh god, long time since i've been in this part of the forum.. reminds me of how everyone swears on expensive power supplies. When i buy a <£20 no name PSU that fails, i'll let you know. So far, it's working out great (and cheep) for me :p
When you try using a "400W" cheapo PSU and actually try to draw 400W from it, let me know.
Also, good luck getting >85% efficiency or a stable voltage level out of one (this can affect overclocking stability, particularly if you're pushing things to their limits)

With power supplies, if you get a good one, you can probably keep it for 10 years of using it with many different parts.
random q:

I'm guessing the general assumption is that the GTX470 is overpriced and to power hungry and people should just get the 5850 ?
Yes, or a 5870. Cypress has way better performance per watt.

When you try using a "400W" cheapo PSU and actually try to draw 400W from it, let me know.
Also, good luck getting >85% efficiency or a stable voltage level out of one (this can affect overclocking stability, particularly if you're pushing things to their limits)

With power supplies, if you get a good one, you can probably keep it for 10 years of using it with many different parts.
Yes, or a 5870. Cypress has way better performance per watt.

Well I don't know if it counts or not, but I have a buddy who's been using HEC's cheapo PSUs for years, none failed.

Also the guy is asking about a 5770 or 5750...
Like he would EVER draw 400w? Lmao

The 585w HEC could easily handle a 5750 or 5770.
Also, the HEC 485w and 585w PSU are amazing for their prices.
25$-30$ for a PSU that can run a nice mid-low budget computer with no hitches?
You couldn't ask for better price/performance

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8858/485hec.png

This chart just shows the 485w HEC.
The 585w is much better and includes a 6 pin PCI-E connector, and only costs $30~

I think it's very ignorant to just assume anyone who doesn't use a PSU from a specific brand will have their computer burst into flames or something.
Millions of OEM computers all over the world use crappy no name PSUs...
You don't see millions of computers exploding or something do you? LOL

Also, who is pushing/overclocking a BUDGET computer to it's limits?
I would think only enthusiasts with very high budgets would push anything to it's limits.
Someone on a budget couldn't be bothered to risk their parts in such an endeavor.

That HEC PSU says it has an efficiency of >75%
That's actually pretty poor.
And I doubt it will provide power particularly stably at varying loads, which would be particularly bad for overclocking.

It says it's rated for 485W.
If you were running 300W from it, it might be fine (which probably most people do). but if you actually try pulling 485W out of it, I doubt it would last long.
Whereas, a good PSU that's rated for 485W should not only be able to supply 485W constantly, but also up to 100W more. And at the same time, keep voltages within ~1% tolerance at varying loads (compared to ~5-7% of a cheapo PSU)

Even if you argue that 'most people won't load it much so it'll be fine'
It's still bad practice to put something low quality or badly manufactured in.
Maybe 98% of people who use one will be fine.
But then that means 2 in every 100 people won't be.

Whereas a good PSU might be fine 99.96% of the time. Which would mean 4 in every 1000 people have one die. That's still a difference of about 50 times the failure rate of the cheaper PSU.
Or a great PSU might be fine 99.995% of the time. Nearly 100 times the difference of a 'good' PSU, and 500 times the difference of a cheapo PSU.

lol apokalipse, you and your statistics.

Your argument makes a lot more sense now! However, the numbers that you're using it seems you just made up or guestimated, so: +1 logic, -1 accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom