Computer upgrade for old system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think a LIAN LI PC 75B case could handle a Core i7 cpu HSF gtx 480m video card etc and heat ok?

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1786336 said:
Only if it's a Socket 775 P4
Run CPU-Z tell us if it's Prescott, Northwood, or Williamette

I tried it but it says windows can't find CPU

I found a newer MB that will fit this cpu. I had another question. What I'm going to do is make my system a hotswap OS with Win 98 XP Win 7 each on its own hd. The MB I found was the ASUS P5N-D motherboard

If I'm doing to do this what cpu's would be best to do this? I know the P4 is cheapest way but, would a gulftown cpu work or would I be better suited to stick to P4 or a core 2 cpu? I might consider jumping up to newer IF it could handle old OS ok.

To do a hotswap system with 98 xp and 7 os's what is the newest card I could upgrade to from a ATI 700 pro.

I'm just throwing out ideas before I upgrade.

Thanks

I found a newer MB that will fit this cpu. I had another question. What I'm going to do is make my system a hotswap OS with Win 98 XP Win 7 each on its own hd. The MB I found was the ASUS P5N-D motherboard

If I'm doing to do this what cpu's would be best to do this? I know the P4 is cheapest way but, would a gulftown cpu work or would I be better suited to stick to P4 or a core 2 cpu? I might consider jumping up to newer IF it could handle old OS ok.

To do a hotswap system with 98 xp and 7 os's what is the newest card I could upgrade to from a ATI 700 pro.

I'm just throwing out ideas before I upgrade.

Thanks

It looks like you're asking a bunch of somewhat complex questions?

First off...
Gulftown is over $1000+

Secondly Gulftown was made for 1366 socket motherboards, not 775.

I think you should make a new thread to ask your Hot swap HDD/OS question so someone that knows a little something about that can get a look at it. I'm not familiar with hot swap OS systems... :\
There are definitely people on this board somewhere that can answer those questions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom