Format?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i dont want any files left on it.. i want it FRESH and clean.. just the OS.. and start all over.. ya know.. lol

well she has a XP CD.. its an old dell.. 128MB RAM.. prolly like a 20-40GB harddrive .. thats bout all i know on her specs..

well if i dont use XP.. i have to use the 98 Boot disk.. and put the Boot Disk and the Windows 98 CD-ROM in too... and then make the Floppy drive the primary Boot Device.. and run from CD-ROM when the question comes up when i restart the computer.. and then it should run after that on its own...

wh booting from the bootdisk you will get a question how you want to boot: with or without CD-rom support. Choose "with"...don't take out the bootdisk afterwards.,,it could cause problems....you can take it just before Windows98 starts to install, it will ask you to create a bootdisk, select "no" and take out the bootdisk.

When setup is almost finished it will reboot and automatically proceed to finish the installation. You don't need to use the bootdisk anymore.

Maybe u have to change the Bootsequence back to c: first in your BIOS. It depends on ur BIOS. If it asks for a floppydisk after installation u need to change this in your BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom