Any news about the new Nvidia cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
Does anybody know when the new Nvidia cards are going to be released? I just got an email from EVGA telling me about the new GTX 470 and 480 cards. The GTX 480 superclocked has a pre-order price tag of $530. Any idea how they compare with the current ATI cards? Here is a link for the prices: EVGA | Products | Product List

And I thought that the next line of Nvidia cards were going to be the 300 series. What happened to them?

From what i have read, they are slower and take up much more power than the DX11 ATi cards. A pair of 480's in SLi ate up 851W of power under load.

etz1x0.png

I have always been a fan of Nvidia but after seeing this chart, my next card may be an ATI just for the fact that you still get a pretty powerful card that uses less power. Unless these new cards blow ATI out of the water but from what I have read, they do not.

Any idea when these cards are going to be released and when they will be available on Newegg?

I have always been a fan of Nvidia but after seeing this chart, my next card may be an ATI just for the fact that you still get a pretty powerful card that uses less power. Unless these new cards blow ATI out of the water but from what I have read, they do not.

Any idea when these cards are going to be released and when they will be available on Newegg?

April 12th

Their approach to video card design has proven their unsustainability.

You could have easily said the same thing about ATi right after they were purchased by AMD. ATi went from one of the leading GFX Card makers to one that was fallen behind in every aspect and almost got wiped out until AMD restructured and let ATi do their thing.

I would not consider this a downfall of nVidia. This stuff happens.

You could have easily said the same thing about ATi right after they were purchased by AMD. ATi went from one of the leading GFX Card makers to one that was fallen behind in every aspect and almost got wiped out until AMD restructured and let ATi do their thing.

I would not consider this a downfall of nVidia. This stuff happens.

I disagree, for ATI is was one generation that was lame, they quickly rebounded with the next one. For Nvidia they have been having issues for awhile. They are quickly becoming less about performance and more about silly features, they have lost their chipset business entirely and this is the second generation in a row where they have lost. Are they dead? No, but life kicked Nvidia right in the nads.

But then we can go further and talk about how ATi's support for both Vista and Win7 is lame while nVidia's has been stellar. nVidia has had 1 driver release that was bummed. ATi is nothing but problems for a lot of people in both OS's since XP.

So you can go on and on about every single aspect of this. Am i saying that nVidia is perfect? By no means.

It is not the end of the world. So what nVidia has had a bad stroke of luck with some stuff recently. ATi is STILL trying to recover from that "1 bad generation" that they had after the AMD purchase. nVidia will have to go through the pains of it as well. Every company does. Name me 1 single company that has not had a stroke of bad luck that they had to rebound from.

Heck if the statements are true and history is repeated then what has happened with Ati should tell people that nVidia will come back from this with a vengeance.

Heck Microsoft had to recover TWICE from bad publicity. Windows ME and Vista. Now look at them. Sitting high with Win7 buzzing about and everyone happy as can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom