best oc 4 a celeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gl\l0m!$h

In Runtime
i just want to see if i can brag about mine but it would be interesting to see how far ppl pushed this antique lol.

jus in case u cant read my sig i went from 2.8ghz to 3.4ghz thats 0.6ghz

nice oc. but celerons are quite useless :D but still nice oc. my 2400+ wont even go up 1 in the FSB. my pc just wont turn on, lol.

I had my celeron a little over 3.0ghz for about a week and it was running stable then it kept crashing,what i want 2 do now is get 1 of those celeron D's and clock the shit out of it just for fun,i hear they are pretty good compared to the old 1's.

Yeah I just had my first random restart today at 2.5GHz on this 2400+ XP-M so I stepped the multi down to 12 from 12.5 to bring it to 2.4 until I can mess with it a little more and stable her up :D

yea i no celerons are garbage but theyre cheap and a 14 yo guy has a pretty tight budget....

lol i got mine to about 2.1 ghz.. but that was while i "borrowed" my friends copper hs and used his tornado as the hsf :D.. unfortunately i had to give it back so that was the end of that :( lol

lol, ive got mine from 2.4 to 2.83Ghz, if i had a better motherboard, i would be able to get it heaps higher its only running at 30C with the stock HFS!, i cant change ANYTHING but the bus speed, so, no multi, no pci/agp lock. nothing.

Hey Raekwon, I was noticing your system in progress. I got the same CPU and Mobo combo. You definitely won't be disappointed with either. :D

Gl\l0m!$h said:
yea i no celerons are garbage but theyre cheap and a 14 yo guy has a pretty tight budget....

I hear ya!!! I'm also 14 without an allowance, and my parents won't dish out any more money for computers.

Yes celerons are crap but I love mine. I got my 2.8 to about the same, 600MHz. But I had my stock heatsink lapped and I put my rig next to the window a/c in my room. I think celerons are the best Intel's to oc because they don't use as much power and don't make as much heat as a P4.

yes but then again if u oc a p4 with ht or an amd 64 by just 200 mhz you see an actual visible difference... when i was running my 1.7 at 2.1 i didnt notice that big of a difference at all... generally speaking celerons and semprons are easy to oc because they have a limited performance range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom