New Member, New Build : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to put that 5770 on the list for the video card, and order that set up tonight with the combo packages included. I appreciate the guidance.

get these instead
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Newegg.com - ASUS Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.com - Tuniq TX-2 Cooling Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease

totals $807 + shipping. (w/ possible $45 back in rebates too)

things that are the same; cpu, case/ram combo, gfx card and inclusion of mw2.

the mobo is a bit "future-proof" w/ its support for sata 6gb/s and usb 3.0.

the 750w corsair would've been overkill for you, even if you're planning to run dual gfx cards. i found a real good deal with an xfx 650w psu (also a good psu brand) that will easily handle your rig with future upgrade with no problems.

the hdd included will perform a bit faster and has a longer 5yr warranty.

and you'll see i didn't include the fan you had chosen; get these instead (2 in 1 pack)
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER R4-L2S-122B-GP 120mm 4 BLUE LED LED Case Fan - Case Fans
the case supports 120mm fans on the front and back. with the inclusion of these fans, the total will still end up lower than what you listed.

I don't know that the CD/DVD drive is Windows 7 compatible. It doesn't have it listed. Does that matter?

Also will the ram work in that Gig Mobo? It doesn't have it listed, but you guys know a good bit more than I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom