24 canceled :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
They always cancel a good show and replace it with a touchy, feely, girlie show. It will take them 2 seasons before they even come up with another good idea much less a new show :madd:

Dammit, Chloe--we're running out of time!!!!!

It was bound to happen. I sure that Kiefer Sutherland happy about that as he's been commenting over the last few years that he's getting tired of the role.

Plus with the way that between each season what progressing, Jack should be fighting terrorist from a wheel chair by now. He was 38 in season 1 which was suppose to be 2004. Day 8 is set October 2018. It makes Jack 52 years old by now. He should be doing Bill Buchanan's job by now. Kim now has a daughter which now makes Jack a Grandfather.

It was bound to happen. Plus the show did some big changes that I did not like. Namely killing off various characters that I liked. Eg. David Palmer, Michelle Dessler, Tony Almeida. About the only guy that they did finally kill off was Ryan Chappelle, and was cheering at the end of that episode. But they where replacing them with characters that I did not like Chloe O'Brian, Morris O'Brian, Chloe O'Brian, Edgar Stiles, Chloe O'Brian and a few others where I was practically yelling at the TV "Why the **** would CTU hire an idiot like that?"

One thing that i have to say.... YAY!!! NO MORE CHLOE OR MORRIS O'BRIAN!!!!!!!

To be frank I am glad to see the back of it, I loved season 1 it was new fresh and interesting season 2 was very watchable but I would not have cried to miss it but season 3 dragged.

Yes, Season 3 did drag on abit. Especially the character relationships between Kim, Chace and Jack. Seaon 1 dragged on a bit. I really did not know why I still kepted on watching that show after season 1. But I am kinda glad I did.

Then there is season 5 where start off with a Nuclear Bomb blowing up in downtown LA in the morning and by the evening, every one is acting like nothing had happened earlier that day.

The problem with shows like 24 is that the show only revolves around a 1 person or a small group of people. And there is only so much they can do with it. All it takes is one actors to leave or some thing like that, and the shows chemistry changes. Few good examples would be
X-Files -- David Duchovny
Star Gate SG1 -- Richard Dean Anderson or Don S. Davis

Currently I have rather amazed that shows like Smallville has been running at long as it has. I am currently watching the end of season 5 about to start 6, but from what I have been reading online the current season really should be renamed to Metropolis. However at least with Smallville, the show show grows up along with the actors. Every season is another 12 months for the show. Unlike 24 where there is these huge gaps between season which make you think how old are these characters now?

They always cancel a good show and replace it with a touchy, feely, girlie show. It will take them 2 seasons before they even come up with another good idea much less a new show :madd:

Yup. I fully expect it to be replaced by another reality show that is so horrible that no one with a IQ higher than a shovels can sit through an entire episode.

I'm not completely surprised this happened since you could kind of see this coming after season 7 as well as the way they marketed season 8 as Jack having to get through one last day.

One problem I have always had is a week between episodes makes it difficult to keep the momentum going. The show is far better when you watch it 4-6 episodes at a time and get through the season in a couple of days.

One problem I have always had is a week between episodes makes it difficult to keep the momentum going. The show is far better when you watch it 4-6 episodes at a time and get through the season in a couple of days.
Very true. I will normally watch the first 4 epsisode just to get a taste of the new season. Normally they tend to airs those over 2 nights as back to back double episodes. And then I will wait for the season to finish before I continue watching the rest of the season.

And some of the episodes are slower than the others due to the nature where they are shown in real time. This was very obvious in the first few seasons where there might be some episodes where it was mainly drama that really did not add any thing to the main plot and nothing much of any thing else was happening. However they did manage to fine tune this by Season 4. However in all honesty, it was not for the fact that I was borrowing a friend's 24 dvd collection which made up of the first 6 seasons, I think I would of given up on this show back in season 1.

The possibility of a movie is a plus but if they don't set it in real time it just won't be the same

Who says they won't make the movie 24 hours long?

But yeah, that sucks. I'm gonna have to find a new series to give me my HD/surround sound fix.

By far my favorite TV series, but I must say that it's become time. I have watched this show faithfully since Season 1, but how many freaking moles can CTU have!? I'm so sick of them repeating the same plot season after season. There's been loads of potentially awesome places to take this show and they've failed to do so every single time. Perfect example: Season 6. The whole day/season could have been Jack breaking out of a Chinese prison.

By far my favorite TV series, but I must say that it's become time. I have watched this show faithfully since Season 1, but how many freaking moles can CTU have!? I'm so sick of them repeating the same plot season after season. There's been loads of potentially awesome places to take this show and they've failed to do so every single time. Perfect example: Season 6. The whole day/season could have been Jack breaking out of a Chinese prison.

Yes. I am getting a little tired of the same plot devices getting used time and time again.
The number of times CTU (or any other US Government Department) has a mole in the organisation?
The number of times CTU (or any other US Government Department) has a mole in the organisation who turns out to not be a mole?
The number of times CTU (or any other US Government Department) has a mole in the organisation who turns out to not be a mole but still turns out ot be the bad guy?
OMG! Family crisis at the same time of a terrorist attack messing around with CTU agent's heads!!!
Chloe and Morris having another lover's tiff during a terrorist attack.
Chloe... no need for any more explaination there.
FBI or Homeland Security taking over CTU.
CTU agents getting fired and sent home during a time of crisis.
And Jack yelling "Dammit, Chloe--we're running out of time!!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom