Watercooling my i7 920 (Blue Style!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the input Slay :D

Burn: Why would going distilled water and biocide be a better choice than coolant? Also, I am wanting to order the things today so what should be my final list... what you said burn plus the 3 high speed yate loons I already have (blue) plus the blue tubing you suggested? Is that pump going to be big enough if I want to add on a video card block?

Slay: I haven't really thought about how much for the Megahalems... shoot me a pm and we can go from there :)

All the marketing hype that says "coolant" is better than distilled water and biocide is false. People have done tests upon tests and distilled water is still the leader for both performance and non-conductivity.

That pump will do you fine even with 2 GPU blocks and another radiator. But, if you do add video cards in with the CPU, as Slay said you are going to want to get another radiator (3x120mm I would say).

Ok so... going off your list I should get everything and then the Blue tubing correct? I haven't done research yet on putting a water cooling system in my Cooler Master atcs 840 but I know the 3x120 rad will go on the top of the case where I have 2 exhaust fans...

So overall the list you gave me plus the blue tubing (15ft).... anything else you can think of? t-fitting or L-fittings...?

Yes, the list I wrote up for you, just replace the tubing with the stuff from Performance PC's

In case you didn't know, you can get distilled water at pretty much any grocery store for cheap.

So long as you don't have any insane bends to make, you shouldn't need any 45* or 90* fittings.

Thank you for the advice burn... I'm ordering the stuff right now! So would a good place to mount the pump/pump top be in the 5.25'' bay?

Not really no... just leaving it as is unless I need to do modding on it... I have a window but that is about it... I have been wanting to do water cooling for a long time so now is my chance... I will order the parts you listed and I'm thinking I will be happy with em :)

Just ordered all the items on the list Burn made + the blue tubing!!!

I am sooo stoked to get the stuff in the mail and hook it up! Now I need to find someone to buy my GTX285 so I can go liquid cooling on a new 5870 :)

Idea for mounting the pump...

I'm thinking about buying a mounting bracket for my pump so it can mount on the bottom 120mm intake fan in my case (CM ATCS 840)

Brackets:
Fan Bracket: Petra's Tech Shop
Pump Bracket: Petra's Tech Shop

Version 2 of the pump bracket: Petra's Tech Shop

Let me know your opinion on this (Burn)... it looks simple and to the point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom