**The LINPACK Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: **The Official TF LINPACK Thread**

60.6569 GFlops | Burn | i7 920 @ 4.315 GHz

linpack2.png

*I only had 4Gb of RAM installed for this

Re: **The Official LINPACK Thread**

I tried pulling all but 1 stick of RAM, but that really killed the GFlops. Dropped to like 50.

And come on Slay, you can't let me beat you at a lower clock :p

Has your 930 come in yet?

And man you have a nice chip. Does it do 4.4ghz stable with HT on at that voltage?

I tried pulling all but 1 stick of RAM, but that really killed the GFlops. Dropped to like 50.

And come on Slay, you can't let me beat you at a lower clock :p

Has your 930 come in yet?

And man you have a nice chip. Does it do 4.4ghz stable with HT on at that voltage?

Did you try just lowering the DRAM ratio and using all 3 sticks?

I won't quit, but I'm sure you should end up with the crown in this benchmark. Sooner or Later :D I would of had a better chance of going higher a month ago but I don't like going for a maximum score all at once. It's more fun stringing it along :D

No, I haven't gotten the 930 yet. I'm expecting Tuesday or Wednesday evening, I'll lap it in the morning and be ready to go that afternoon. If I get lucky and it performs Great I'll probaby sell the 920 :D

I haven't tried it at 4.4GHz with HT turned on, that's tomorrow's Quest

60.6624 GFlops | Slaymate | i7 920 @ 4.42 GHz

linx606624.jpg

Got you by a hair. a split blonde **** hair at that :D

51.9442 GFlops | Tro1086 | PII X4 B55 @ 4.0ghz

trolinx5194.png

*EDIT*
Slay, what can you crank out in 64-bit mode? Your running neck and neck with Burn, but your in 32-bit and hes in 64-bit.

For me it was harder to get the same clocks stable in 32-bit to pass the 64-bit test, had to up the voltage. But once I got it there was a nice increase in flops.

I probably didnt need 1.48v but that is the max "safe" voltage my board recommends and I was trying to get to 4.1-4.2GHz at 1.48v but just couldnt get it stable enough to pass more than one run, and when I clocked it back down to 4.0 I didnt turn the voltage back down. I usually run 4.0GHz at about 1.40v and never have any BSODs, even with the stress test in AOD, but it just wouldnt run LinX in 64-bit without a little more voltage. I did get it to pass LinX at 4GHz, 1.4v, in 32-bit, but 64-bit must just push it a little harder.

First AMD run over 50 :D. I'll try next week, got a few ideas on how to get my score higher.

Just noticed, in the settings there is one that says memory for OS. Would decreasing that help any, or is it more just raw clock speeds?

I leave the memory for OS alone. If your having problems try changing the Problem size a "little".

Nah I'll just leave problem size alone ;). Just wanted to know if changing that memory setting would effect scores at all, thanks for letting me know.

Try pulling 4gb of your ram out and running LinX in 64 bit mode

That's what I did, except only pulled 2gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom