Which RAM to buy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adths63

Beta member
Hey guys, some of you might remember me last week i posted something on upgrading my computer, i just got a Ati HD 5870 gc and windows 7 64 bit so i could run more ram. So far everything is working great. BUT dumbo me bought the wrong ram size . This is what i bought
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ - Desktop Memory

I wanna get 4more gb of ram i have 4 slots left to add ram so it can be 2x2gb or 4x1gb , but can someone point me in the right direction of which size ram will fight my computer. I have a dell precision T7400. Thanks for the help !

There are different specs for the T7400, so could you tell us what ram you have exactly in your PC currently? Like, how many sticks, what size, and what speed. And i understand that you have 4 additional slots empty..?

And why would you want ram that will fight your computer? .. :p

I am a total computer retard when it comes to anything but using one. I need more memory and don't know exactly what to buy.

I have an eMachines Modl T3092. Gateway told me I need RAM DDR PC 2700 (333 Mhz) DIMM 2 RAM slots, Total RAM capacity 2048 MB, RAM Stick Size Limit 1024 MB.

I have no idea what that means. If I buy some memory from say Amazon.com, do I need something that says all those words? Or just the RAM DDR PC 2700 333 Mhz DIMM part?

Thank you so much for any help. I'm an old lady and trying hard!

CJB

your pc has 2 ram slots in total, with each slot supporting 1gig of ram, for a total max of 2gigs.

your pc supports ddr 333mhz ram, so you just have to make sure that you buy that type of ram.

no, it does mean something, it's another way of identifying that type of ram, but all the words and numbers mumbo jumbo seemed to be confusing you lol.

pc2700 = ddr 333mhz ram.

Thanks again, Mr. Man! (I have a sweatshirt that says, Do you know the Muffin Man? Now I do!:big_smile:

lol it looks like it got hijacked... its ok though, that matter is resolved and we're now back to waiting for the OP to respond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom