R.I.P.8800gts? I hope not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I don't have another gfx card with me, though I should have access to one in the next week or so. I'll be doing various tests in fact... though I'm pretty sure it's dead.

As for the baking... I assume you're talking about re-melting the solder or some such thing.

Pretty extreme though. I think I -might- give it a miss! Not so much worried about damage to a dead card as damage to the oven :p

Your video card is failing, I've seen this before. What video card is it? EVGA? XFX? I would suggest sticking to a EVGA card over any other cards. I've had my EVGA 8800 GT since it came out, and its been great.

Now I have two 8800 GT's made by EVGA and they are great =)

It's a BFG.

However... hold the phones.

I'll cut to the chase.
I baked it, and ohmygiddyaunt it actually works. For how long, who knows? But it actually bloomin' works!!

Happy days.

Thanks all for your advice. When this one conks out again (as it inevitably will) I'll look for an EVGA.

It's a BFG.

However... hold the phones.

I'll cut to the chase.
I baked it, and ohmygiddyaunt it actually works. For how long, who knows? But it actually bloomin' works!!

Happy days.

Thanks all for your advice. When this one conks out again (as it inevitably will) I'll look for an EVGA.
Haha you amaze me with the whole baking thing :p, but glad it works :). Have fun while it lasts :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom