Watercooling my i7 920 (Blue Style!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttzu

In Runtime
Ok to I have come to the conclusion that my next upgrade will be to go to water cooling... the Megahalems has been great but I want to test out water cooling... I am thinking either going

1: Petra's Tech Shop
2: suggestions....

If someone could put together a list of stuff for under $400 to fit in my Cooler Master ATCS 840 that would be awesome... I have 3 high-speed yate loons already from Petra's so I am good to go on the rad fans... I am also wanting to keep a blue theme...

I'm going to hold off on an SSD drive and windows 7 because I really don't "need" it... I am also going to wait for the new GT 300 cards to come out and maybe SLI em out on water... Thanks in advance for all the help guys!!!

The gt480 is kinda a flop it seems. Slightly better then 5870, but costs more, uses way more power, and makes way more heat. Not to mention they'll put you back at least 1k for a pair of them. Best to stick with a 5870 or 5850 it seems.

So anyone have a full build I could go off of? Pump, tubing, cpu block, etc...?

So I have a gtx285 right now... would it be worth it to get another or just stick with one and save up for a 5970? and sell the gtx285?

I know someone on here has a kick *** i7920 water cooling build...

I would use the Petra's kit as a template, and just replace what I suggested above.

Here is mine:
P1010100.jpg

Very Sexy case... Sucks that they don't have some of the parts in... Ok well I'm still new to the "parts list" but I got money burning a whole in my pocket so a full list would me AMAZING!!!! Could I get a lot of the stuff on Newegg?

Pump: Swiftech MCP355 12v DC Pump
+
Pump Top: XSPC Acrylic Reservoir for Laing DDC

Radiator: Swiftech MCR320-QP Quiet Power 3X120mm - Black

*CPU Block: EK Waterblocks EK-Supreme HF Universal Socket - Acetal+Nickel

Barbs (x6, so you have some extras): Bitspower G 1/4in. Silver Shining Fitting for 1/2in. Tubing #BP-WTP-C01

Clamps ( x12. or just use small zip ties): Breeze Miniature Hose Clamp 7/16 in. to 25/32 in.

Tubing (x15 feet): Durelene PVC tubing 1/2in. ID x 3/4in. OD by Saint-Gobain

Anti Vibration (for pump): Shoggy Sandwich construction kit - the original

Biocide (to prevent algae): Petra'sTech PT_Nuke -PHN Concentrated Biocide (10mL)

$299.16 Shipped to zip 92115 via UPS ground

*The CPU block comes with various "jet plates." The best performing one is jet plate 1 (look at the pictures from the link). I was told that EK was going to start shipping the blocks with plate 1 as default, but I would open up the block (there is a "warranty void if removed" sticker, don't worry, this is just for leaks. EK will still cover parts if they break.) and check before you install it.

If you want blue tubing, Sidewinders doesn't have any but this is good stuff:
PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV Blue Tubing -1/2in. ID X 3/4in. OD Products Model: PFLEXP-34-B [PFLEXP-34-B] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

If you wanted to use a dye, don't. Dyes almost ALWAYS come out of suspension and clog up/stain your parts.

I would go with whatever Burn suggests :D

But as you add more components into the Loop your increasing the heat to be dissipated by the radiator. I would buy another radiator (as big as you have room to fit) thou you may also need another pump (I'm not really up on the newer water cooling products).

Burn suggested buying Biocide so that means Distilled Water instead of Coolant :D

Edit: How much do you want for the used Prolimatech Megahalems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom