installed hd tune on a whim and it failed two tests. what does it mean???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzardxexe

In Runtime
i recently installed hd tune on my desktop and my laptop. My desktop passed with flying colors but on my laptop hd tune is say under the +Health tab that

HD Tune Pro: ST9320421AS Health

ID Current Worst Threshold Data Status

(0A) Spin Retry Count 100 100 97 30 warning
(B8) (unknown attribute) 19 19 99 81 Failed

Health Status : failed

these are the two things it failed on. can anyone shine any light on these? should i get a new hard drive?

If HD tune found a problem with a hdd on your laptop, your drive might be beginning to fail.
If you know what kind of hard drive you have in that laptop, download the manufacturers diagnostic tool, and see what it says.
If it's getting ready to give way, you need grab some dvd-r's or a 4gb or 8gb flash drive and start backing up everything like mad.

ALso laptop hdd's on newegg aren't that expensive but they cost more than a regular desktop hdd and depending on what size you want.

Alright Im going to back up to my external. I was just wonderig if it was serious, or bad information from
hdtune. I'm thinking about getting the seagate 7200.4 or the hitachi 7k320 which one is more trustworthy

Seeing as I have dealt with with both types of hdd's, I recommend seagate they are more reliable then hitachi.

IMO, seagate, or wd, as I still see a few of the drives with bad firmware floating around on seagates, I would probably say WD over all..

so, should i get the seagate 7200.4?i think the failing hdd in my laptop is a 7200.3, which is kind of why i wanted to stay away from seagate, but if they really are the most trustworthy then i will go with them

but you have all had problems with hitachi? from the reviews ive been reading and the benchmarks ive looked at the hitachi 7k500/7k320 look good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom