In Runtime
I have 1gig of Corsair Value

my page file size used to be

Min: 768
Max: 1024

i heard setting it to no page file is good..but it sux

i get lots of laag

so wut should i set this to?

Try setting it to 150 or something around there to keep the games that like VRAM happy, but your computer functioning well. Also listen to TheMajor's advice about giving your hard RAM priority.

I don't personally like the way Windows manages pagefiles. I find that it puts far too much weight on it...and leaves some actual RAM unused. It should basically fill up the hardware RAM, and then when that runs out, it should move on to using a Pagefile. Just adding to the already huge list of why Windows sucks ;).

Do not set the Page File to '0' as many processes will become unstable.

i would set the min and the max the same.. that way if it usess more then the minimum, it doesnt get fragmented. and im not shur, but i would bet the vram doesnt work as ppl posted above...

im guessing the vram is used for less intensive programs, and the high intensive ones are automaticaly prioritized for the hard ram. so it prolly doesnt matter how much vram u designate, as long as its not too little. again thats how i would imagine it works, but then again it may not work in the most logical manner. if u have a lota HD space.. i just set mine to 1024 min/max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom