PS/2 to USB adapter not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertogo

Baseband Member
Hello, I recently build my own computer and everything went well. When tring to go into the BIOS (or safemode) I noticed that my USB keyboard would not respond. It would only respond after windows loaded. I figured the problem was probably in the Bios and what happened was that the USB option was not enabled there. So I ordered a PS/2 to usb adapter from ebay..the auction claimed it worked with keyboards. I just got the adapter today and it is green (color of mouse port). I plugged it into the purple port (keyboard port) and then tried it out just to find out that it does not work. The keyboard will not work at all when it is plugged into the PS/2 adapter. I can tell that no power is going into the keyboard because when I press caps lock or # lock the little leds wont turn on. The keyboard does not work at all with the adapter, even after windows is fully loaded. Thinking the adapter might not work i tried it with my USB mouse. I plugged the adapter into the green port (mouse PS/2 port) and saw that the laser of the mouse turned on (so it was receiving power). But even after loading windows fully the mouse will not respond.
Do I need any drivers or something to get the adapter to work? or was i scammed?
This is not urgent but I want to be able to get into the BIOS incase I ever need/want to?
What should I do?
Thanks in advance,
~Fertogo

You mean USB -> PS/2

A USB keyboard should work in any computer at boot-up. The only time when it is not detected at boot-up is a BIOS error.

Regardless of the color of your adapter, I should work in boot-up. Would you by chance have a PS/2 keyboard?

You mean USB -> PS/2

A USB keyboard should work in any computer at boot-up. The only time when it is not detected at boot-up is a BIOS error.

Regardless of the color of your adapter, I should work in boot-up. Would you by chance have a PS/2 keyboard?

No I threw away my PS2 keyboard along time ago.
I mean PS/2 to USB, like you plug the adapter into the PS/2 port on the motherboard and it gives me a female USB so I can connect my keyboard/

Thanks for the help

No I threw away my PS2 keyboard along time ago.
I mean PS/2 to USB, like you plug the adapter into the PS/2 port on the motherboard and it gives me a female USB so I can connect my keyboard/

Thanks for the help

If both the mouse AND the keyboard aren't working or are just working partially, then you might have a dodgy adapter

The part you've got is actually called a USB to PS/2 adapter :)

THIS is a PS/2 to USB:
usb2ps2.jpg

Yes, as I explained above.

USB keyboard -> adapter -> ps/2 -> computer

I take this is what you mean:
USB-to-PS2-Adapter-21155568810.jpg

Yes thats exactly what I mean, sorry for any confusion
If both the mouse AND the keyboard aren't working or are just working partially, then you might have a dodgy adapter

The part you've got is actually called a USB to PS/2 adapter :)

THIS is a PS/2 to USB:
usb2ps2.jpg
Yes, the keyboard does not work and the mouse only gets power...
so there are no drivers or options I need to enable to get it to work? I got scammed :p

:( so theres nothing else I can do with that adapter.. immma contact the seller Thanks for the help

Yeah, might want to buy something local. May cost a lil more, but if it doesnt work, you can always get your cash back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom