Problems with external and internal components

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouschi

Beta member
Hey all, I don't seem to know where else to go for help. I have a custom built computer. I started having CD/DVD Rom drive problems where the computer recognizes the drive as being there, but doesnt read anything off of discs and such. Alternatively it does recognize a blank cd and will start to burn music and such onto it, but it will fail halfway through. I replaced the drive and it is having the same problems. Also for USB ports, my phone will charge and be recognized through USB ports, but my iPod will not. I cant charge or put music on it, I changed the cable again, but it does get recognized for a split second to turn the iPod on , just like if I insert a flash drive it'll light up for a split second and then shut off. Something if off with the software or hardware of the computer, and I just dont seem to know what is happening. I have Windows 7 Professional edition, any other components that come into play, let me know.

if resetting the BIOS doesn't work you might need a new board. you might be able to flash the bios to the newest ones if the board is not really new.

Thanks, I will look into it on Thursday and let you guys know how it goes. I unfortunetly cant get to it as soon as I want as I will be out of town haha. I just remembered as I am trying to charge my iPod for the flight that I need to get this stuff figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom