Prices of components?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiahou

In Runtime
Hi there,

I've had a bit of a dilemma. I'm going away to another country in 2 months. I have been deciding whether to build a pc now (basically because i'm bored and have nothing to do) or whether to wait until September when I get back when everything will be cheaper.

I'm a student and don't have the money to **** away unfortunately.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea how much prices will drop from between and September? The rig I was gonna go with was something like

AMD 965 BE
nvidia gt 250
Gigabyte AM3 AMD 790X
OCZ 4 GB RAM DDR3 1333 Dual Chanel
PSU.. (not sure which one).

Everything else I already have including operating system.

Does anyone have a rough idea how much %wise the prices of those components would drop in the next 6 months or so with newer stuff coming out? Another reason I am not sure whether to do it is because with only using it for 2 months, by the time I come back I could have a much better rig for the same price?

I'd be using it for FSX and uni work (study digital media - 2D/3D/video etc). Would have went with nvidia due to FSX hating ATI cards anything previous to 5870s - and I doubt they are going to drop £250 in such a 'short' amount of time.

thanks

Or, you could choose to go with better stuff for the same money that you planned on spending now. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom