Some ATI Crossfire AMD System Overclock Suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think your gpu could be clocked alittle higher and Im sure your cpu can. I am running a gigabyte mobo or I would give you a step by step. I have my 955be running at 3.8 on stock cooler and my intergrated hd4200 clocked at 900mhz.
Thats about what i was planing to do. So i installed amd overdrive and just to be sure before i do it. Im increasing the core multiplier from 17x to 19x which gives 3800 MHz which = 3.8 GHz CPU? Is there anything else that needs adjusting in the CPU? and i did increase the GPU from 850 to 900 but am noticing some slower framerates. Any reason why?

What were you testing it with?
also, you might want to try MSI afterburner to increase the GPU volts.
At this point I think its more of a hassle than what its worth. I think ill just stick with what I have and just work with it. Although I suppose i could try it...if i was considering boosting the GPU to 900 and CPU to 3.8, what kind of voltages will i need? The msi program isnt allowing me to adjust some values and isnt showing my drivers. Guessing that my card isnt comaptible with it.

If the CPU is running fine at 3.8GHz without increasing the volts, then it's probably a C3 stepping chip. You could probably run it at 4GHz with 1.5V
C2 stepping chips usually need 1.5V for 3.8GHz

If the CPU is running fine at 3.8GHz without increasing the volts, then it's probably a C3 stepping chip. You could probably run it at 4GHz with 1.5V
C2 stepping chips usually need 1.5V for 3.8GHz
Now I noticed that in AMD overdrive when I put core multiplier to 19x and raised my voltage to 1.5 it shows on the top right the Target Voltage and Current voltage. The target voltage says 1.5 and the current voltage was 1.0 and flashed 1.5 for a second and then returned to 1.0? Any reason why its doing this? Theres also a slider for CPU VID and NB VID, am i doing anything with the NB VID slider?

For what its worth, i have a 5770 clocked at 900 core/1400 memory, with MSI Afterburner. Good program, can monitor many things while in game, temps, fps, etc.

You should be able to get your PhII to 3.8-4 by just upping the multiplyer, but you will probably have to add some voltage, maybe 1.45v-ish.

You may also benifit from upping the north bridge multi so your getting 2400-2600 on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom