Only getting sound out of one speaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ministrike

Solid State Member
Hi, I had some old speakers that I had since I first got my PC years ago, and around 12 months ago I started only getting sound out of one speaker, so today I finally got off my backside and bought some new speakers...

Only problem is, the problem remains, I'm only getting sound out of one speaker...

This is my PC : IMEDIA MC 2569 - PB34330401 - iMedia - platform_honeymoon_imedia - Desktop
I have used the 07 drivers from the packard bell website and the problem remains.

So I tried the latest ones here : Realtek

But the problem still remains, all my audio settings are fine, the balance etc is all correct, could it be my jack that is broken? If so am I screwed seems it's built onto my motherboard?

Did you try looking in sound options? Drivers are ok in device manager?

Yes, all my sound options are fine, and it says there are no driver errors.

I did a goole search ad it seems lots and lots of people have this problem with the same sound as me, and no one seems to have an answer for it :s

You might want to get a PCI sound card. Make sure they are compatable with 7. I always liked Creative.

There are PCI-E cards available, but thay are a bit pricey.

You might want to get a PCI sound card. Make sure they are compatable with 7. I always liked Creative.

There are PCI-E cards available, but thay are a bit pricey.

Compatible with 7? Windows 7? If this is what you mean I'm on Vista will PCI soundcard still work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom