Graphics Performance List

i recently bought a 1980x1080 res monitor but when i set games to this setting, the game slows down. How come this happens? I have a GT 120 gfx card.

i recently bought a 1980x1080 res monitor but when i set games to this setting, the game slows down. How come this happens? I have a GT 120 gfx card.

Your monitor is like a garden and your GT 120 is your gardener. You have recently upgraded to a bigger garden and sure, it looks better, but your gardener is having a hard time keeping up with the extra work load.

Your monitor has more pixels.
The graphics card can process a certain amount of pixels per second.
The more pixels per frame it's processing, the fewer frames it can output per second. (number of pixels per frame x number of frames = number of pixels per second)

A faster video card can process more pixels per second, which means more frames per second given a certain number of pixels per frame.

Hmm ok. I guess that makes sense. So whats a good resolution to run at for the GT 120 that still looks pretty good? (Currently I'm running at 1600x900)

For modern games anything over 1280 x 768 will still be pretty taxing. Only recommendation we can give you is get a better video card. GT 120 is very low in the ranking system.

Your monitor is like a garden and your GT 120 is your gardener. You have recently upgraded to a bigger garden and sure, it looks better, but your gardener is having a hard time keeping up with the extra work load.

XD XD XD

That is the best explanation i have ever heard. You sir get 10000000000 internets.

In all seriousness, he is completely right. When you crank up the resolution on games it requires more power to run them well, your video card isn't up to snuff. Consider an upgrade.

is it a bad idea to buy gfx cards used?

Nope, it's fine. So long as the person you buy it off seems legitimate. Just make sure when you get it you ensure that if the card IS defective you can return it.

Other than that, performance wise, a used GPU is just as good as a new one.

Nope, it's fine. So long as the person you buy it off seems legitimate. Just make sure when you get it you ensure that if the card IS defective you can return it.

Other than that, performance wise, a used GPU is just as good as a new one.

Lol i was going to buy it off another person. I guess there's no guarantee there :p

And what about if the GPU's been overclocked before?

Back
Top Bottom