Help with quick question plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizdumb

Baseband Member
Ok, its to my understanding that a PCIe-x1 network adapter can work in a PCIe-x4 slot. My network adapter Newegg.com - ASUS PCE-N13 IEEE 802.11b/g/n PCI Express Wireless Adapter Up to 300Mbps Wireless Data Rates 64-bit/128-bit WEP, TKIP, and AES WI-Fi alliance WPA, WPA2 - Wireless Adapters doesn't quite reach the x4 slot on my Newegg.com - ASUS P6TD Deluxe LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards . Is there some sort of adapter, or DIY mod? Any help is appreciated. I'm really trying to avoid USB adapters...

Intel i7-920
12GB G.Skill-Trident
1-64Gb SSd
1TB-WD Caviar Green
x2 HIS 5870
ASUS P6TD
x3 24inch Asus 1080p
RazerDeath Adder & Tarantula

No I mean the female slot on the Mobo is a few inches onto the board and the male piece on the card only reaches like half an inch to an inch onto the Mobo. Check the pic on the mobo and the adapter and you see what I mean.

sry no, i still don't see what you mean XD

the only other thing i can think of that you might referring to is that the network card isn't completely filling the length of the x4 slot. if it's that, then it shouldn't matter, the card should still work properly because you can use x1 cards in x4 and x16 slots too.

if it's not that, then idk, sry dude.

I know its compatible, but the adapter wont reach the x4 slot on the mobo! I'm wondering if theres an extension I can buy or bridge of sorts. I'm just going to return it for a USB adapter.

*sighs* will post tomorrow, I don't know how else to make it anymore clear (other than a pic) that the PCIe card WONT REACH the x4 slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom