newbie questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith bob

Baseband Member
great forums -- tons of info!!--

ok so i am new and starting to plan my first build for a gaming rig but i have a couple of questions--

--1--i see that an i7-930 is now $200, is there any reason to get a bigger one for more $ or is it not really worth it? -and about how high can i overclock (never done before) with air?

--2-- i know ati cards are hot now but i was thinking nvidia and getting the 3d glasses in a few months down the road--- any insight to which card i should go for---or will ati be 3d compatable sometime soon?--- also am i better off getting 1 top of the line card or should i get 2 slightly older ones and bridge them?

i am willing to spend up to $1500ish just on cpu mobo and videocard but dont want to if it is not going to get me much further than something that is cheaper

--im just looking for advice since i am new
--all input is appreciated

i7 930 is a great choice... no point getting anything higher.. waste of money.

if you're buying now, get a 5870, best single card out right now. If you're willing to wait till nVidia comes out with their new line, then wait and see what happens w/ prices, etc.

You shouldn't spend more than $1000 on mobo+cpu+ video card.

Good Luck.

highly unlikely. maybe later if/when nvidia works things out to release a dual-gpu card, but the 5970 is top dog for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom