upgrading graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't need more fans cause you're getting a new psu, you don't even need a new one. You've got a 500w psu, of who knows what quality, but you should be able to power something like a 5750 no problem.

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100284L Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Actually, its only 400w. Ignore the link if it said 500w.

So am I able to run two gfx cards at the same time?

Well I opened my PC up, And next to the gfx card there's definitely a slot where I can put another gfx card in. So what do I do? Do I just install it and I'm good to go?

add-in doesn't mean, "in addition to".

your mobo only has 1 pcie x16, 1 pcie x1 and 2 pci slots, so no, you cannot run 2 gfx cards.

Get a 5750, use that as the primary card.

Then you have the option of using the GT 120 as a PhysX card (though I'm not sure it would give you great performance in games that use PhysX)

add-in doesn't mean, "in addition to".

your mobo only has 1 pcie x16, 1 pcie x1 and 2 pci slots, so no, you cannot run 2 gfx cards.

Get a 5750, use that as the primary card.

Then you have the option of using the GT 120 as a PhysX card (though I'm not sure it would give you great performance in games that use PhysX)

Well I have a nvidia chipset, so I'd still prefer sticking with nvidia (just as someone else said, I feel iffy mixing the two up, even though it says they're compatible :p)

What would be a good card which is substantially better than my current card (and would still be powered by my 400W PSU).

Well I have a nvidia chipset, so I'd still prefer sticking with nvidia (just as someone else said, I feel iffy mixing the two up, even though it says they're compatible :p)
The chipset brand is irrelevant. The only difference it makes is the fact that it can run SLI, and not crossfire.
Also, I used to run Nforce4 and Nforce 590 chipsets. It's a silly myth that ATI cards would have issues on them.

One of the best things about the 5750 is that it doesn't use much power at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom