Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Windows XP install SATA issues

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004, 09:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Nubius
Techie Beyond Description

Yeah, I would listen to Foxy and see if you can just turn any RAID controllers off through the BIOS. I just set up 2 SATA hard drives today and had absolutely no problems, but I'm not using a RAID array like you. Windows installation went nice and quick too. Is the RAID 0 the mirror or the striped? If it's the mirrored then you should have been able to just boot up from the 2nd disk, unless it requires that you get the fux'd up disk repaired first because you have your RAID array set and it's looking for two drives, but since you've removed one, it is giving you that error message. If you had the striped, then the same case applies, it's looking for two drives and only see's one so it's needing you to replace the missing drive. That's about all I can think of.

You should be able to just do the format like you normally would, and install your 3rd party RAID drivers by hitting F6 at the beginning of the install. Right then you can specify that you only have 1 SATA HD and from there you WON"T have a raid array and then you can setup the install as normal. Hope this helped some

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.