Bad something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
Well I am having random restarts. IDK what is going on. Every once in awhile my computer will restart itself.

Everything is STOCK.

i7 920
OCZ PLatinum 3x2gb 1066
2x evga gtx260 in SLI
1tb WD
CORSAIR 750tx
Win7 Ultinate x64

Memtest86+ was freezing at 4 seconds and 7%. I removed all but one stick and now am testing ram 1 at a time. Any idea if this means bad ram or if my mobo or what is bad. I really need help on this as this is my main rig for my LIFE. Netbook can only fill in so long. Any help is greatly appreciated.

If all sticks fail 1 at a time then it is most likely a problem with the board.

You can also try a different channel on your board.

try to remove one of the 260's

Check temps in bios in case of a bad heatsink mount.

Found out its most likley a bsod with auto restart turned on. I turned that off and i boosted ram voltages to recommended 1.65v from 1.5v. now we see if I bsod by morning.

BTW is there anything I need to raise along side Dimm Voltage to avoid frying anything.

Lol yeah, running 1.65v ram at 1.5v might tend to make it a *leetle* unstable :grin:

and nope, you don't need to raise anything else.

Its weird though. Been running the ram at "auto" (1.5) since July. I look it up ask on some other forums (EVGA) and BAM ram voltages are too low. I think I am going to go to bed though. Hopefully I won't have a BSOD when I wake up.

Well it did the restart thing after like 18 hours of being on. IDK whats going on. Any ideas? Ram tested fine. PSU tested fine. Could graphics cards be doing it?

Getting this error frequently.
The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{06622D85-6856-4460-8DE1-A81921B41C4B}
and APPID
{06622D85-6856-4460-8DE1-A81921B41C4B}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

And this on all 8 cores 0-7.

Performance power management features on processor 1 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.

The only other error is this.

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

and

The previous system shutdown at 7:52:09 PM on ‎3/‎22/‎2010 was unexpected.

The first error I don't think is related to the shutdown issue.

Try doing a BIOS update.

edit: oh, and found this while googling
I was getting the hardware failure and a BSOD as well. To solve this I went into BIOS > Frequency > Voltage Control and enabled both Intel Speed Step and Intel HT Tech and changed CxE Function to C6. That solved it for me. Due to W7's built in pwr manager, if you don't turn these on there will be major issues. It might not be solve all of your problems but it should eliminate the "Performance power management features on processor 1 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom