Would like some Gaming Machine parts/build Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonjr45

Beta member
Hey guys, I haven't really been keeping up on this stuff for the last few years, but its time for me to build a new machine. I've done a little research on my own and have come up with what looks like a great machine, but I wanted to give a list of my parts so maybe someone can review them for me and make suggestions.

CPU: Intel Core I7-930Intel Core I7-930

Cooler: Sunbeam CR-CCTF92-4 92mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2
1366 socket retention bracket and
Arctic Silver 5 compound

Mobo: ASUS Rampage2 Extreme LGA1366, X58

Memory: OCZ Gold 6x2GB ddr3 1600(pc3 12800)

GPU: (2X) Sapphire Radeon HD 5830 CrossFire with ATI Eyefinity

PSU: Seventeam ST-850PAF 850W ATX 12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Case: APEX Vortex 3620 SGCC

HD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

DVD: ASUS Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X

Just wondering if there are better quality parts for the same price, or if something I have listed is way overkill for the parts. I'm also wondering if the case is going to be large enough, or if I should go with a larger one?

This is probably a stupid questions, but the Asus Rampage 2 says that it supports 3way SLI, Crossfire..... That means someone could run upto 3 GPUs??? If one could, would that leave room for a Sound Card?

Anyway, I'm open to any suggestions, so let me any and all that you might have. Thanks a bunch!

Joe

The Sunbeam Core Contact Heatsink comes with Tuniq TX-2 Thermal Paste, which is superior to Arctic Silver 5. AS5 was a great paste years ago, but it hasn't been updated/improved upon while other companies has been busy researching and developing :D

Hey thanks guys, exactly the type of answers I was looking for!!!

So, is the corsair PSU more reliable than the seventeam? I had just chose the seventeam cause newegg had it as $30 off plus a $30 off combo deal with one of the other parts.

Thanks again!!

seventeam makes SOME high quality power supplies, and some not-so high quality; but with crosair, they're all very high quality, so its best to go with corsair.

Any special reason why you're going with crossfire off the bat? If i were you i would go with a single card at first, something like a 5870 or if budget permits, a 5970, then go crossfire if you feel like they're not enough. And i doubt you'll feel that way with a 5870.

Newegg.com - XFX HD-587X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

or

NCIXUS.com - Buy Diamond Radeon HD 5970 725MHZ 2GB 4GHZ GDRR5 2XDVI Display Port PCI-E Video Card - 5970PE52G.

And i just realized hefe already mentioned the gpu thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom