Please suggest liquid cooling kit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cq842000

Grand Tinker
Hey everyone, I finally got my motherboard, and she is rocking to say the least. I modified my case and put the cpu radiator on the outside with a push pull mini mod. I am able to push the proc past 4.2ghz, with the exception of the temperatures. So in order to offset this variable, I surmise that I need a true liquid cooling kit. I have the ASEtek equivalent of the Cosair H50, and it is by far inadequate for anything past 4ghz. I have my eye set on this upgrade Newegg.com - Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima Extreme Duty CPU liquid cooling kit - Water Cooling . I intend to supplement the purchase with larger diameter tubing, a better cpu block, and a dual bay reservoir. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can push it further, but not without a better cooling solution, the only barrier I'm experiencing is temperatures

43ghz.jpg

Edit @ El Hefe, wow those parts are beautiful. Thats a much better choice. Thanks very much.

How long does Petra take to restock? I noticed that pretty much everything listed is out of stock. By the way, to Hefe and Burn, very good suggestions and I intend to follow up. I'll replace the XSPC top with the Res-Top. As for the rad, if I get a dual 120mm versus a triple 120mm, I can fit it in my case with a little modification. What do you suggest? I suppose I could mount it in one of two ways on the outside(rear or top), but it wouldn't look near as nice as on the inside. I'll order the parts on the first, hopefully petra has them back in stock by then. Newegg doesnt have these particular parts and the ones they do have remind me of what was available when I built my first LC rig.

So this is what I have so far. Let me know if I missed anything....the mesh is for the case modification. I couldnt find any liquid cooling kits anywhere, so I put together my own. Let me know what you think. I also selected the triple 120mm radiator for future liquid cooling transition of the gpu(s).

3) ModRight ModMesh 480mm x 480mm x 1.0mm HEX Aluminum Mesh Panel - Black 3
2) Dual 12" Cold Cathode Kit - Ultra Bright UV 2
1) Feser One Non Conductive Cooling Fluid - 1000 ml - UV Blue (F1-0001) 1
1) Swiftech MCR320 "Quiet Power" Triple 120mm Radiator - Black (MCR320-QP-K)
* Select G 1/4" Fittings (Qty. 2): 1/2" ID Barb1/2" ID Barb
1) XSPC Laing DDC Reservoir Pump Attachment w/ MCP-350/355 (No Fittings)
* Select a Pump!: Swiftech MCP355â„¢Swiftech MCP355â„¢
* Reservoir Attachement Type!: XSPC Reservoir Pump AttachmentXSPC Reservoir Pump
1) 2.5 Meter (8 feet) Feser Tube Active UV Hose - Retail Packed - 1/2" ID (3/4"OD) Anti-Kink Tubing - UV Blue
4) PrimoChill Anti-Kink Coils - 3/4 OD" Tubing - UV Blue
1) EK Supreme HF Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Nickel + Acetal (Sockets 775/1156/1366/939/940/754/AM2/AM2+/AM3)
2) 1/2" I.D. PrimoFlex Tubing Grommet - Rubber (9307k56)
10) Stainless Steel Shielded Hose Clamp for 1/2" OD to 5/8" OD Tubing​

Ditch the non conductive fluid. Just get distilled water (you can get it at almost any grocery store) and this:
Petra'sTech PT_Nuke -PHN Concentrated Biocide (10mL)

Anti Kink coils aren't really needed unless you are making some insane bends.

I'd get more than 8 feet of tubing. I like to get at least 15 feet so you have left overs. Never good to have to re do your loop and run out of tubing.

And if you want to water cool the GPU's, you will probably want to add another rad when you do that. i7's run pretty hot and putting 2 260's in the mix with it will make for pretty poor temps (for water).

Ditch the non conductive fluid. Just get distilled water (you can get it at almost any grocery store) and this:
Petra'sTech PT_Nuke -PHN Concentrated Biocide (10mL)

Anti Kink coils aren't really needed unless you are making some insane bends.

I'd get more than 8 feet of tubing. I like to get at least 15 feet so you have left overs. Never good to have to re do your loop and run out of tubing.

And if you want to water cool the GPU's, you will probably want to add another rad when you do that. i7's run pretty hot and putting 2 260's in the mix with it will make for pretty poor temps (for water).

Hey thanks for the advice Burn. The kink coils were intended for greater UV effect. I already did a rough measurement, and it looks like I'll need 5', but I'll take your advice and get more for left-overs. I've built 3 LC rigs in the past, so this should be fairly straight forward minus the case modding. I'm planning on getting some GPUs in the future with factory water-blocks, but nothing in the close future. I was looking for a distilled water/propylene glycol mixture. So what is the best solution/mixture for heat dissipation? I really wish I could find an LC kit that wasnt sold out.

To be honest the best thing is just distilled water. There are probably some fluids out there that are a tad better, but considering how easily accessible distilled water is, and how little maintenance it needs, just go with that. It's what I've been using since I first got my loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom