bad power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtis

In Runtime
Hey guys. The computer is acting wonky.

Surfing the web earlier and it just shuts off, then reboots itself. This happens another 2 or 3 times then settles down. So I defrag, run a virus scan and ccleaner. So it was running fine for a while.

Just now it started doin the same thing, and now when I boot it everything turns on with no post. Sometimes after 10 seconds or so it seems like all the fan sppeds change and it will post and start booting. Then it would restart while loading into win7. Then I setup a bios mem test... the system rebooted in the middle.

Also when it would be on and not posting I could hear one of the fans reving up every 30 seconds or so. I think it was the video card. What does this sound like to you guys? It won't post at all anymore...

I run:
Biostar tpower i45 with a q6600
8 gigs of gskill 1066
Ati 5770
Ocz 700w ps

I can even get the comp to post at all. It just turns on, all lights and fans on. But I notice the motherboard's code lights don't illuminate either.

Any suggestions anyone? I think its the mb or ps... I hate just blindly buying parts hoping they will fix your problem..

I'm having a similar problem. I bought a PSU today and when installing it I have it all plugged in except for one.My motherboard has a 2x2 in addition to the 24pin and my Psu has no cord for it.

I've done a power check with a paper clip to make sure the PSU isn't faulty. My computer won't boot up the way it as, but the fans turn on for about 5 seconds. I tried just plugging 3x3 and nothing happens at all.

After a little of my own research, I believe I need a ATX12V Adapter Cable

I just wanted to ask if that's what I need.

Any advice is welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom