New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya im trying to keep the cost to 1000 or a bit over, the socket 939 will push the cost a little too high for me. If i get an p4 chip is it going to be that much worse than an AMD 939?

AMD is coming out with lower grade athlon64's like the 3000+ for socket 939 motherboards. Quite a good idea i'd say. You might want to research that a bit because they will be substantially lower in price than the ones currently out now.

your right, I just found some for athlon 64 3000+ socket 939 for 200 and they have a 3200+ for 230 on newegg. so you think i should get one of those instead of a p4?

no amd has most of their 64 lineup in socket 939 now... just a cpl of the lower end processors such as the 2800+ are still using socket 754...

and yes even though it has a lower clock speeds amds have always been able to get more done every clock cycle than intels and with the amd 64 vs the 3.4ghz EE (extreme edition.. i call it extremely expensive).. the amd 64 wins out easily :)

well i'm only seeing OEM versions of the 3000+, 3200+ socket 939. So you have any suggestion on good not to expensive heatsinks and fans?

_SiLv3R_ said:
no amd has most of their 64 lineup in socket 939 now... just a cpl of the lower end processors such as the 2800+ are still using socket 754...

and yes even though it has a lower clock speeds amds have always been able to get more done every clock cycle than intels and with the amd 64 vs the 3.4ghz EE (extreme edition.. i call it extremely expensive).. the amd 64 wins out easily :)

well on newegg, only 3500+ and over and FX are 939...everything else is 754

I would also recommend going AMD but if you prefer Intel they'll do the job to.

As for your video card what 6800 gt are you going to get? I personally, would recommend getting the BFG 6800 gt.

The reason why is because of the Lifetime Warranty and 24/7 Free Live Tech Support. No other manufacturer offers that! As a bonus it comes overclocked out of the box. So if you're arent the type of person to OC your hardware thats a bonus as well.

Good luck on your new system!

jebathan said:
well i'm only seeing OEM versions of the 3000+, 3200+ socket 939. So you have any suggestion on good not to expensive heatsinks and fans?

As long as your not overclocking, its much more cost effective to just use the one it comes with(unless you buy OEM) but i would buy retail, i think warrenty is better not sure though.

Otherwise, get a Venus 12 Heatsink

Circa219 said:
AMD is coming out with lower grade athlon64's like the 3000+ for socket 939 motherboards. Quite a good idea i'd say. You might want to research that a bit because they will be substantially lower in price than the ones currently out now.

Is this true? When are they planning on making 939 low-end 64's? If so I think I'm going to save up for a 939 board. What board do you guys recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom