9800GTX+ or GTS 250

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah. my bad

5750 > gts250/4850 apparently.

Any more up to date 5750 benches? I found a few, but they're all consistent with the ones in the link I posted earlier.

I haven't seen any newer benches. It's to bad most sites just review cards when they are launched since both ATI and Nvidia cards tend to perform noticeably better as drivers mature.

The 5770, althou borderline edge of your budget, is definately the card to get, and will offer you the best performance over all the other cards mentioned in this thread, and is only SLIGHTLY more than most GTS 250's.

Personally I opted for the XFX 5770: Newegg.com - XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Due to the fact that the heat sink is covered in a shroud, and the card fan intakes air from inside your case and exhausts the hot air from the card OUTSIDE of your case. Seeing how the GFX card is the single most heat producing component in your case, it only makes sense, to me anyway, to get one that blows its hot exhaust OUTSIDE of your case, helping to allow the rest of your components to run cooler.

Any ATI card previous to 5870 does not get on well with FSX. Nvidia is the way to go if that will be the main game you play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom