Win xp or Win2k pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slick4788

Solid State Member
Ok my other comp is really slow, and I mean really slow. It's only 800mhz a compaq, with 256mb RAM. I have always heard that XP will only slow comps that are kinda outdated. Is that true? Does XP take more resources than win2k pro?

look at my specs, i am running xp
just scan for spyware virusses or do a format and re-install XP, it will run fine

Yes but the argument is that win98 will run faster than winxp here, in this case.
Dang how do you survive, themajor, is your comp always lagging?

Im pretty sure XP will run basicaly on a minimium of 1Ghz ... soo its probably best to go with something more low end such as 98.

I'm in agreement with TheMajor on this. I've seen his machine and it works.

As long as you configure XP to not be all facy you can run this on his machine spec.
As to XP or win2k, Xp does have more active processes at the base level then Win2k does. Win2k can run on a slower system and process a bit better then XP im my opinion, but you do loose the functionality that XP has.
There are a lot of options in how you configure a system to make it run better, and your specs are not at all the problem.
Clean up the OS, dump the extra crap from the system tasktray and extra processes you don't need. It's pretty simple from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom