6800 Gt fails test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braingoo

Baseband Member
Every time I try to over clock Beyond 415/ 1.16 on my 6800 gt it fails the coolbits test and wont let me go any futher I have turned th fast writes off and made sure the voltage was at 1.16 and everything seems fine Im running it on an ASUS AV8 Deluxe MB and have the NV silencer on it for added cooling. My temps are fine around 37c - 40c . I was jsut wondering if I was missing some thing or if this card just has low limits I have seen others get 466/ 1.29 on thiers.

No Ideas on this one Guess I can't complain to much I am geting 4600 on 3dmark05 and thats not to shabby.

Demalii said:
every peice of hardware is different.. maybe you got a crummy card =(

Yhea thats what i figured but jsut curious what does the coolbits test actualy test?

It may be i jsut got a low tolerance car wich is fine it still runs jsut fine on stock settings and still plays games just fine. I may try to use drive cleaner to clean out the drivers and every thing maybe even reinstall the OS just to make sure its not the software.

i never used coolbits, i've used powerstrip since.. for a few years hehe. you should give it a try, it's better than that little reg edit

Demalii said:
i never used coolbits, i've used powerstrip since.. for a few years hehe. you should give it a try, it's better than that little reg edit

Thanks I will try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom