upgrading graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathville

In Runtime
I have a question. I want to upgrade my graphics card for my PC. Currently, I have GT 120. My question is, am I able to get one of similar quality, and work it in conjunction with the one I have currently? This would be a lot cheaper, as I already have an graphics card.

Could you find out what kind of power supply you have? motherboard, computer model, ect, stuff like that. Can't really tell you without knowing at least something about your computer.

Go for a 9600 GSO, 9600 GT, 9800 GT

(Probably best to stick with an Nvidia card since it's an Nvidia chipset, like it suggests.)

And I doubt you can use two cards?
You could open the case up and look at the motherboard to see if it has two PCI-E x16 connectors.
In which case you MAY be able to use the G 120 as a PhysX card? But I'm not 100% on that.

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1787525 said:
(Probably best to stick with an Nvidia card since it's an Nvidia chipset, like it suggests.)

@ deathville; just so you know, it doesn't matter if the boards' chipset is from nvidia, doesn't mean that you are only supposed use nvidia cards.

i really don't know why they would say that considering that they also state that cards from either nvidia or ati are supported:

Discrete card support for NVIDIA® and ATI™ graphic cards

but it really shouldn't matter.

@ deathville; just so you know, it doesn't matter if the boards' chipset is from nvidia, doesn't mean that you are only supposed use nvidia cards.

i really don't know why they would say that considering that they also state that cards from either nvidia or ati are supported:

but it really shouldn't matter.

I feel iffie about that kind of stuff personally... Mixing ATI cards with an Nvidia chipset... Almost seems like you're asking for trouble. ;p
It's like walking under ladders... ;]

Oh man, if i upgrade the gfx card, i can't stop there.

If I upgrade the graphics card, I'll have to upgrade the PSU to support it.
If I upgrade the PSU, I'll have to buy additional fans to keep the computer cool.

Theres an additional $200 right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom