$1500 -$1800 Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
* 100% High-quality Japan-made Conductive Polymer Capacitors!
Marketing.
That's just another way of saying...
"Solid Capacitors"
Which is exactly what the P6T has...

Though you're right, it does have the 16 phase versus the 8, thank you for pointing it out.

orihS Shiro, you give some pretty good advise on low and mid-range systems.But when someone wants a higher-end PC your still trying to set them up with a mid-range. A cheap mobo on a lower-end system isn't going to affect system performance much. Cheap mixed with cheap is a good match. But with a higher-end system you want to avoid cheap, this doesn't mean you have to buy the best most expensive stuff. If the OP was wanting a $1200-$1500 PC I could see downgrading to a cheaper mobo, but I wouldn't. I would recommend slower memory or a smaller hard drive or anything that is easier to upgrade later 1st.

Edit: And there are Solid Capacitors that are not Conductive Polymer Capacitors. There is a difference but were back to the Higher Quality stricter Specifications aspect.

Thank you all for the recommendations.

I have a question on the compatibility of the Sunbeam Core Contract HSF with ASUS P6T motherboards. On some of the Newegg reviews people are stating that they are experiencing a lot of difficulty installing the Sunbeam Core Contact HSF on their P6T motherboards. They are saying that the it is near impossible to get this HSF on the board with the NB heat pipes/sink and capacitors in the way. This concerns me because I plan on getting the P6T deluxe which has MORE capacitors around the cpu socket compared to the standard P6T.

Are there any name brand HSFs on the market that are KNOWN to be compatible with the ASUS P6T deluxe board? I'm considering the Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme... I'm not to familiar with cpu coolers... I've never installed one of these before but I just want to have a clean and easy installation.

2nk1log.jpg

One is a cap from the P6T, one is a cap from the P6T Deluxe V2
Which is which?
Doesn't really matter... They're the same...

Also, how could you use all three PCI-E slots on the Deluxe Board anyway?
They aren't spaced well at all...

10r4f8l.jpg

Where as on the regular P6T the slots are spaced out nice and evenly.

Again, show me a review where someone conclusively proves better all around components went into the Deluxe V2 and it's performance would be more than ~1-5% better than the standard P6T for overclocking or other purposes.
Everything I've read keeps spouting off how it's basically the P6T with a different name and a higher price tag, but what I do know? I mean, companies wouldn't possibly do such a thing... I mean look at reputable companies like Nvidi... oh wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom