termalright venomous-X vs ultra-120 extreme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
straight out of the box, unlapped, the VenomousX will perform better than the TRUE, unlapped. This is because the base of the VenomousX only has a slight curvature. When you lap them both, they both improve, but the TRUE improves more and ultimately proves to be the better heatsink.

I have both models, lapped, that I'd be willing to sell. I really like the new retention mounting system of the Venomous X, so much that I'm using it with my TRUE Copper. I have a replacement ordered for the VenomousX but it will be next week before I receive it. $90 ea. with a fan, PM me if your interested.

hey slaymate...is there a place to buy the true copper with the new retention system?...if not where can i get the mounting system?

I just ordered a couple of the new retention brackets but they are slightly different than the one that comes with the VenomousX. The VenomousX has a bolt thru the top of the bracket for adding additional pressure to the base of the heatsink and the replacements don't. I'll just use the business card trick.

Here's a link to the kit.
Thermalright LGA1366 Bolt-Thru Board Mounting Kit - Rev. B (Ultra series / HR-01 Plus / HR-01 4U / HR-01 3U / Ultima-90 / IFX-14 / Venomous X / CoGage True Spirit) - FrozenCPU.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom