$1500 -$1800 Gaming Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignore this crap. Just where do you find all of this so called info? You need to quit visiting whatever site your harvesting this help from.

Fine, I'll justify my points.

Everyone knows the only major differences between the Deluxe P6T and the standard P6T is $60, 2 SATA ports, and X16 x16 X4 vs X16 X8 X8/x16 X16 X1.

(The standard having the X16 X16 X4 and 2 extra SATA ports over the Deluxe)

Also I've heard the BIOS for the Deluxe has/had presets for voltages and timings that you can select, where as with the standard you have to manually set them.
Big deal? I'd rather be able to manually set them anyway.

And then there's the Realtek LAN chip vs the Marvell LAN chip. Not a big difference.
Also the Deluxe has two ethernet ports for using crossover cable or w/e that's called.

And beyond that, the Deluxe P6T and the standard P6T are practically the same board.

Newegg.com - ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

AnandTech: AMD?s Radeon HD 5850: The Other Shoe Drops

There's the differences between the 5870 and 5850 in FPS in various games.

The largest difference is in Batman Arkham Asylum, a difference of 33 FPS.

171 FPS vs 204 FPS...
Both extremely high and playable FPS...? Why complain with either card.

The second largest difference?
17 FPS in Resident Evil 5
And then like 16 FPS in one other game, and then beyond those three games, for the most part the 5850 and 5870 are within 10~ FPS or less of one another.

Of course, lately there aren't good sales for the 5850's, so it may be worth it to buy a 5870, strictly because of better combo deals and cheaper shipping costs, instead of dishing out $350 for a card that was supposed to retail for much lower, you can just get a 5870 for around $400~

Thank you for all your kind support Slaymate, I really appreciate it.

P.S. This post was for the benefit of the OP, so I could care less if you offer any more of your oh so juicy input SM.

My main complaint with your post was about the mobo's. The P6T Deluxe V2 is constructed with higher quality components that meet stricter specifications. While the standard P6T may occassionally perform/overclock just as well, the keyword is occassionally. Preset are just that, but just because it has presets doesn't mean you can't set them manually. And having two ethernet ports isn't just for a crossover cable.

And my post was also for the benefit of the OP. Saving money is Great but buying an inferior product because someone recommended it over a Superior Product is not recommended.

My main complaint with your post was about the mobo's. The P6T Deluxe V2 is constructed with higher quality components that meet stricter specifications. While the standard P6T may occassionally perform/overclock just as well, the keyword is occassionally. Preset are just that, but just because it has presets doesn't mean you can't set them manually. And having two ethernet ports isn't just for a crossover cable.

And my post was also for the benefit of the OP. Saving money is Great but buying an inferior product because someone recommended it over a Superior Product is not recommended.

Asus P6T Review - Overclockers Club

ASUS P6T deluxe V2 | Computer Gaming Hardware

"p6t=one ethernet port
p6tdeluxe=additional ethernet port + SAS controller+ better looking heatsinks
p6t deluxe v2-= exactly same as p6t deluxe but without sas controller. "

All the information I have found suggests that there really isn't a quality difference besides the heatsinks "looking" better on the deluxe.

If you have a better review where they look into the motherboard components in detail... (Capacitors, etc...) I'd love to see it.

On the 5870/5850 part. Sure they're close right now, cause there's not really many Dx11 games (metro 2033, dirt2). No games stress them, wait a couple months, THEN see which one performs better. Might as well go for the best single gpu out there instead of slightly gimped version for less.

If you have no plans on overclocking much the p6t is a fine board.

The chipset cooler and better components on the deluxe v2 make it a superior board.

If you have no plans on overclocking much the p6t is a fine board.

The chipset cooler and better components on the deluxe v2 make it a superior board.

Again, I want to see someone point out what components specifically make the Deluxe better?
As far as I can tell, it's just a P6T with some heatsinks changed...

On the 5870/5850 part. Sure they're close right now, cause there's not really many Dx11 games (metro 2033, dirt2). No games stress them, wait a couple months, THEN see which one performs better. Might as well go for the best single gpu out there instead of slightly gimped version for less.

On games natively created for DirectX 11? I'd expect both cards to perform like crap... But that's just basing that assumption off the fact that they crawl on the DX 11 Unigine bench... Of course they'd make the game's requirements slightly less... tesselated... But still, a game that fully takes advantage of DX 11? I wouldn't expect first gen DX 11 cards to perform much better than a crawl or slow walk.

You're comparing games to a benchmark?...

Each generation of cards is released in correlation with the dx software aren't they? Like the big jump with the 8800gt and dx9, then the 4xxx series/gt200 and dx 10, and now its 5xxx and gt4xx for dx11. By your point, we should all stick to 4890s and hope for the dx12 cards to run dx11 really well.

Since he has room in his budget, the only choice is a 5870. As of now there are no other logical choices. Or wait for who knows how long till fermi finally gets here.

Paper launch, then cards aren't going out till april 6. They have known manufacturing issues, and an already small inventory. You're not gonna be able to get any of till end up april if your lucky. Took that long for ATI's cards to be available and they didn't have manufacturing issues.

"Fermi" has less letters then "GTX 480/470" you know what it is either way.

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1787622 said:
Again, I want to see someone point out what components specifically make the Deluxe better?
As far as I can tell, it's just a P6T with some heatsinks changed...

P6T
intel centrino2
New Era for Ultimate Performance! Intel® Core™ i7 Platform

* Intel LGA1366 Platform
* Intel® X58/ ICH10R chipset
* ASUS TurboV
* 3-Way SLI & Quad-GPU CrossFireX Support!
* ASUS Drive Xpert
* ASUS EPU
* ASUS 8+2 Phase Power Design
* 100% Japan-made Solid Capacitor

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

P6T Deluxe V2
intel centrino2
New Era for Extreme Overclocking! The Best Intel® Core™ i7 Platform

* Intel LGA1366 Platform
* Intel®X58 chipset
* Triple-channel DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066 Memory
* True16+2 phase Power Design
* ASUS TurboV
* ASUS EPU
* ASUS Express Gate SSD
* SLI and CrosFireX on Demand
* 100% High-quality Japan-made Conductive Polymer Capacitors!
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

better quality and 16 versus 8 power capacitors.

The V2 has the adi onboard sound versus the realtek.

dual gig mavell lan versus single realtek.

express gate ssd on the v2.

2 extra usb

JMicron® JMB363 PATA and SATA controller on the v2 versus none.

2 ps2 connectors versus 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom