Best "Closed" Gaming Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
As you can see from my sig I have used the Beyerdynamic dt770 (80ohm). They are amazing but now live up at the studio I co-own and are used for recording. I had taped a mic to the side of them for online chat and it worked great. Also, the fact that they were closed and canceled out room noise was a must. My rig is watercooled through 2- 6 fan push pull rads that are very loud. So I need isolation. Short of buying another pair of the DT770, which seemed to have raised in price, what other options do I have. Right now I am looking at these 2:

Newegg.com - SENNHEISER PC350 3.5mm Circumaural Headset

and

Newegg.com - steelseries Siberia v2 3.5mm Circumaural Full-size Headset - White

The Steelseries siberia v2 just got a pc gamer editor's choice and look like a good deal for 79.99. I have a pair of the Razor Carcharios hooked to my other comp that I only play Company of Heroes on (game loves xp and xp only), and they are great, but are open. I had picked up another pair for the big rig, and returned them because they are "Open" ear and I could hear the watercooling system as well as the games.

So any input you can give would be great. I may just have to steel my Beyerdynamics back, but I think they are a little blown in the right ear. When I use them to record drums and hit my kick drum, I can hear a little rattle on the right side. Thank you.

How is that a good idea?....

Anyways the steel series look very nice, I'm considering them also since I don't play xbox much anymore so my turtle beaches are kinda redundant. If you want something of higher caliber look at Astro, they make pretty much best "gaming headsets" out there. A40's are exspensive though, but they're really nice, know a couple of people who have them and I've tried them. You really should get the mixamp as well, which pushes them up higher, but sounds like your a bit of an audiophile anyways :p.

Astro Gaming | Professional Gaming Equipment | A40 Audio System

I'd go with the Siberia's tbh.

I've used Sennheiser's and they are amazing for music, but when it comes to gaming, you kind of compromise ability to hear things like louder footsteps, bomb planting, sprinting and at certain distances shooting. (I'm specifically talking about MW1, BC2 and MW2) On the contrary, the Siberia's would do better on gaming and compromise a little on the music hearing end.

HAHAHA, I like that, just turn all the fans off. I would need to adjust my overclock at that point. I think I am going to go with the siberias and hope they block out enough sound. I hate sending things back to amazon....... But i'm open to more suggestions if anyone has any.

The Siberia's get more and more tempting every time I look at them >.<

They look like a good choice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom