First Build - Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mnms67

Beta member
Hi sorry for the repetitive questions but im building a new gaming pc and am constantly changing my mind on the parts for one reason or another, so im hoping this will be the final build. Below is the list of parts and i would appreciate it if ye could tell me if it's all compatible and also if theres anything you would recommend changing. My budget is roughly $1200. (Oh and i dont really plan to over clock in the near future).

CPU: AMD Phenom II X965 (with Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler)
Mobo:Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4, Socket-AM3
GPU: Sapphire HD5870 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
RAM:Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz 4GB CL7
PSU: Corsair TX 750W (i know this is overkill but i got a really good deal)
Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB
Sony DVD±RW burner DRU-870S
Antec 900 case
LG 22" LCD W2261VP-PF (1920X1080)

Please tell me if i left something out as i usually do. I appreciate all comments as this is my first build

Everything looks good to me, except your god awful case choice. ;p
I just don't understand why you won't be overclocking?
That system could easily hit 3.8Ghz, possibly 4Ghz+

(*Note I don't like Antec cases)

Antec 900 is a fine case, just used one last week... I can see it getting restricting with SLI, Xfire, or a water loop but for just simple 1 gpu builds it was actually really nice.

Yeah, I have an Antec P180 and love it.... buddy has a 1200 and the thing is dead quiet and keeps everything perfectly cool.

And that PSU may be overkill for right now, but it's a GREAT one, and down the road you can slap another 5870 in there and be worry-free when it comes to power consumption.

For the memory you selected, is it one stick of 4gigs or a set of 2x2 gigs? You will want to make sure to get a kit to take advantage of the dual channel capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom